Brookside Middle School
- Brookside Middle School's student population of 752 students has declined by 8% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 55 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|School Type||Magnet School|
|Grades Offered||Grades 6-8|
|Total Students||752 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||55 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Brookside Middle School is ranked within the top 30% of all 3,633 schools in Florida (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017-18 school year.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (FL)|
|Overall Testing Rank||#998 out of 3633 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||14:1||n/a|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Sarasota School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Sarasota Southside Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 767 students
1901 Webber St
Sarasota, FL 34239
(941) 361-6420 0.7 PK-5 767
- Sarasota Wilkinson Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 481 students
3400 Wilkinson Rd
Sarasota, FL 34231
(941) 361-6477 1.5 PK-5 481
This school rocks! The academics are great, the sports are great. It doesn't get much better than this. Anyone who wants a good example of a what Florida is all about should enroll their child emmidiately. Go BMS!!!
- Posted by Student/Alumni - terit
Learn about how public schools are impacted by an economic recession, job losses, and funding cuts.
Through the Gates Foundation, Bill Gates has not only donated billions of dollars to public schools, but will now sponsor in-depth research on improving teaching that may change the face of public school education forever.
The start of the school year translates into greater risks for the spread of H1N1. Learn about how public schools across the country are combating the risks, as well as what you can do to keep your children safe.