Brookside Middle School
Brookside Middle School serves 749 students in grades 6-8.
Brookside Middle School placed in the top 30% of all schools in Florida for overall test scores (math proficiency is top 20%, and reading proficiency is top 50%) for the 2018-19 school year.
The percentage of students achieving proficiency in math is 75% (which is higher than the Florida state average of 59%) for the 2018-19 school year. The percentage of students achieving proficiency in reading/language arts is 61% (which is higher than the Florida state average of 56%) for the 2018-19 school year.
The student:teacher ratio of 15:1 is lower than the Florida state level of 16:1.
Minority enrollment is 54% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is lower than the Florida state average of 64% (majority Hispanic).
- School Type: Magnet School
- Grades: 6-8
- Enrollment: 749 students
- Student:Teacher Ratio: 15:1
- Minority Enrollment: 54%
- Overall Testing Rank: Top 30% in FL
- Math Proficiency: 75% (Top 20%)
- Reading Proficiency: 61% (Top 50%)
- Source: National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), FL Dept. of Education
Brookside Middle School's student population of 749 students has declined by 6% over five school years.
The teacher population of 50 teachers has declined by 9% over five school years.
Total Classroom Teachers
Students by Grade
Brookside Middle School is ranked within the top 30% of all 3,628 schools in Florida (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2018-19 school year.
The diversity score of Brookside Middle School is 0.67, which is less than the diversity score at state average of 0.70. The school's diversity has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
Definition of Terms 2020-2021 School Year Data
State Level (FL)
Overall Testing Rank
#911 out of 3628 schools
Math Test Scores (% Proficient)
Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)
Student : Teacher Ratio
Two or more races
All Ethnic Groups
Participates in the National School Lunch Program (NSLP)
Eligible for Free Lunch
Eligible for Reduced Lunch
School Statewide Testing
School District Name
Source: 2020-2021 (latest school year available) National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), FL Dept. of Education
View the Brookside Middle School yearly calendar below. Note key dates such as:
November 21, 2022 (Monday)
November 22, 2022 (Tuesday)
November 23, 2022 (Wednesday)
November 24, 2022 (Thursday)
November 25, 2022 (Friday)
This school rocks! The academics are great, the sports are great. It doesn't get much better than this. Anyone who wants a good example of a what Florida is all about should enroll their child emmidiately. Go BMS!!!
Review Brookside Middle School. Reviews should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
What does the Country's Most Expensive School Look Like?
Robert F. Kennedy Community Schools win the award for the country’s most expensive campus, clocking in at a price tag of one-half of a billion dollars. Take a walk down the hall to experience the priciest public school in America.
Detroit Schools: District Is Failing Its Students According To Test Scores
We report on dismal math and reading test scores of Detroit public school students and what’s being done to bring scores up to par.
August 05, 2022Teaching: Using Virtual Reality
Virtual Reality can enhance your lessons safely and efficiently. Virtual reality allows your students to explore worlds they might not otherwise see. We offer some suggestions on how to use VR in your classrooom.