Brookwood High School
- The student population of 982 students has stayed relatively flat over five years.
- The teacher population of 52 teachers has declined by 5% over five years.
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Total Students||982 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||52 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- The student:teacher ratio of 19:1 has increased from 18:1 over five years.
- The school's diversity scoreThe chance that two students selected at random would be members of a different ethnic group. Scored from 0 to 1, a diversity score closer to 1 indicates a more diverse student body. of 0.22 is less than the state average of 0.58. The school's diversity has stayed relatively flat over five years.
- Tuscaloosa County School District's student population of 18,015 students has stayed relatively flat over five years.
- The district's graduation rate of 70% has decreased from 96% over five years.
- The revenue/student of $9,727 is higher than the state average of $9,721. The district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four years.
- The district's spending/student of $9,347 is less than the state average of $10,229. The district spending/student has stayed relatively flat over four years.
|School District Name||Tuscaloosa County School District|
|Number of Schools|
|Number of Students Managed||18,015||2,879|
|District Total Revenue||$174 MM||$28 MM|
|District Spending||$167 MM||$29 MM|
|District Revenue / Student||$9,727||$9,721|
|District Spending / Student||$9,347||$10,229|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- BrookwoodBrookwood Elementary SchoolGrades: KG-5 | 567 students
16049 Highway 216
Brookwood, AL 35444
- VanceBrookwood Middle SchoolGrades: 6-8 | 765 students
17021 Brookwood Parkway
Vance, AL 35490
- VanceVance Elementary SchoolGrades: KG-5 | 451 students
18202 Hwy 11 N
Vance, AL 35490
- WoodstockWoodstock Elementary SchoolGrades: KG-4 | 302 students
19456 Eastern Valley Rd
Woodstock, AL 35188
- CottondaleDavis-emerson Middle SchoolGrades: 6-8 | 344 students
1500 Bulldog Blvd.
Cottondale, AL 35453
September 19, 2017
Though many students move straight into college after high school, there is some benefit to taking a "gap year". Keep reading to learn what a gap year is and how it might benefit you.
September 12, 2017
Homework has become deeply ingrained in the U.S. educational system, but how much homework is too much and how can you create a healthy environment for your child to do schoolwork at home?
September 08, 2017
Learn about single-sex education in public schools.