Woodstock Elementary School serves 282 students in grades Prekindergarten-4.
Woodstock Elementary School placed in the top 30% of all schools in Alabama for overall test scores (math proficiency is top 20%, and reading proficiency is top 50%) for the 2020-21 school year.
The percentage of students achieving proficiency in math is 30-34% (which is higher than the Alabama state average of 24%) for the 2020-21 school year. The percentage of students achieving proficiency in reading/language arts is 45-49% (which is approximately equal to the Alabama state average of 46%) for the 2020-21 school year.
The student:teacher ratio of 16:1 is lower than the Alabama state level of 18:1.
Minority enrollment is 11% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is lower than the Alabama state average of 47% (majority Black).
- Grades: Prekindergarten-4
- Enrollment: 282 students
- Student:Teacher Ratio: 16:1
- Minority Enrollment: 11%
- Overall Testing Rank: Top 30% in AL
- Math Proficiency: 30-34% (Top 20%)
- Reading Proficiency: 45-49% (Top 50%)
- Source: National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), AL Dept. of Education
Woodstock Elementary School ranks among the top 20% of public schools in Alabama for:
Most improved public schools
Woodstock Elementary School's student population of 282 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
The teacher population of 18 teachers has declined by 5% over five school years.
Total Classroom Teachers
Students by Grade
Woodstock Elementary School is ranked within the top 30% of all 1,276 schools in Alabama (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2020-21 school year.
The diversity score of Woodstock Elementary School is 0.21, which is less than the diversity score at state average of 0.62. The school's diversity has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
Definition of Terms 2021-2022 School Year Data
State Level (AL)
Overall Testing Rank
#351 out of 1276 schools
Math Test Scores (% Proficient)
Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)
Student : Teacher Ratio
Two or more races
All Ethnic Groups
Participates in the National School Lunch Program (NSLP)
Eligible for Free Lunch
Eligible for Reduced Lunch
School Statewide Testing
School District Name
Source: 2021-2022 (latest school year available) National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), AL Dept. of Education
Frequently Asked Questions
What is Woodstock Elementary School's ranking?
Woodstock Elementary School is ranked #351 out of 1,276 schools, which ranks it among the top 30% of public schools in Alabama.
What schools are Woodstock Elementary School often compared to?
What percent of students have achieved state testing proficiency in math and reading?
30-34% of students have achieved math proficiency (compared to the 24% AL state average), while 45-49% of students have achieved reading proficiency (compared to the 46% AL state average).
How many students attend Woodstock Elementary School?
282 students attend Woodstock Elementary School.
What is the racial composition of the student body?
89% of Woodstock Elementary School students are White, 5% of students are Hispanic, 3% of students are Black, and 3% of students are Two or more races.
What is the student:teacher ratio of Woodstock Elementary School?
Woodstock Elementary School has a student ration of 16:1, which is lower than the Alabama state average of 18:1.
What grades does Woodstock Elementary School offer ?
Woodstock Elementary School offers enrollment in grades Prekindergarten-4
What school district is Woodstock Elementary School part of?
Woodstock Elementary School is part of Bibb County School District.
Review Woodstock Elementary School. Reviews should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
Spitting Rhymes for Flashy Grades: The Link Between Hip Hop Curriculum and Improved Learning
Can rap lyrics and hip hop beats help students learn more? Studies and some public schools say yes!
When Field Trips Turn Deadly: Who is Responsible?
Recent deaths during field trips have parents and school officials questioning the safety of these excursions. Learn about these tragedies and what parameters should be in place to ensure a safe field trip.
D.C. Schools: Controversial Growth of Charter Schools
Charter schools are growing in DC, and we analyze the response to recent numbers that show the student population in D.C. charter schools has outpaced the numbers for traditional public schools throughout the district.