Vance Elementary School
- Vance Elementary School's student population of 485 students has grown by 5% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 27 teachers has declined by 6% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-5|
|Total Students||485 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||27 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Vance Elementary School's student:teacher ratio of 18:1 has increased from 16:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (AL)|
|Overall School Rank||#290 out of 1,264 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||18:1||18:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Tuscaloosa County School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Vance Brookwood Middle School Grades: 6-8 | 772 students
17021 Brookwood Parkway
Vance, AL 35490
(205)342-2748 3.5 6-8 772
- Woodstock Woodstock Elementary School Grades: PK-4 | 295 students
19456 Eastern Valley Rd
Woodstock, AL 35188
(205)938-2028 6.6 PK-4 295
- Brookwood Brookwood High School Grades: 9-12 | 1005 students
12250 George Richmond Parkway
Brookwood, AL 35444
(205)342-2777 7.3 9-12 1005
- West Blocton West Blocton High School Grades: 9-12 | 467 students
4734 Truman Aldrich Parkway
West Blocton, AL 35184
(205)938-9002 7.6 9-12 467
Your child’s education is not just his teacher’s responsibility. As a parent, you have the ability to supplement your child’s education at home and to help him succeed in school. Read on to learn some tips to help your child make the most of his education in 2020.
Childhood experiences shape who we become as adults, for good and bad. The new Surgeon General of California is pushing for childhood trauma screening in students in the hopes of resolving some of the issues that might later lead to the development of physical and mental health problems.
Millions of people struggle with mental health issues on a daily basis, but no one wants to think that these issues might affect children. As a parent, it is your responsibility to know what your child needs and to provide it. This includes identifying problem behaviors and seeking treatment when your child needs help.