Browns Mill Elementary School
- Browns Mill Elementary School's student population of 596 students has declined by 16% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 41 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Awards||Blue Ribbon School (2005)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-5|
|Total Students||596 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||41 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Browns Mill Elementary School's student:teacher ratio of 15:1 has decreased from 17:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (GA)|
|Overall School Rank||#1841 out of 2,174 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||15:1||16:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||DeKalb County School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Lithonia Edward L. Bouie- Senior Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 742 students
5100 Rock Springs Rd
Lithonia, GA 30038
(678)676-8202 0.8 PK-5 742
Learn about the advantages and disadvantages of public school vouchers as they pertain to the education of students with disabilities.
As of 2014, nineteen states still allow corporal punishment – spanking and paddling the most common choices – in their public schools. However, some argue that not only are these punishments physically harmful, they also are disproportionately administered to students of color. As a result, House democrats have taken up the issue in a new bill that would ban all forms of corporal punishment nationwide.
Every child learns differently and it’s a teacher’s job to meet students where they are and guide them through the learning process. Scaffolding is a teaching tool that helps students develop critical thinking skills and the ability to learn independently.