Bruni Elementary School
Bruni Elementary School serves 466 students in grades Prekindergarten-5.
Bruni Elementary School placed in the top 10% of all schools in Texas for overall test scores (math proficiency is top 10%, and reading proficiency is top 20%) for the 2018-19 school year.
The percentage of students achieving proficiency in math is 72% (which is higher than the Texas state average of 51%) for the 2018-19 school year. The percentage of students achieving proficiency in reading/language arts is 65% (which is higher than the Texas state average of 47%) for the 2018-19 school year.
The student:teacher ratio of 14:1 is equal to the Texas state level of 14:1.
- Grades: Prekindergarten-5
- Students: 466 students
- Student:Teacher Ratio: 14:1
- Overall Testing Rank: Top 10% in TX
- Math Proficiency: 72% (Top 10%)
- Reading Proficiency: 65% (Top 20%)
- Source: National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), TX Dept. of Education
Bruni Elementary School ranks among the top 20% of public schools in Texas for:
Reading/Language Arts Proficiency
Bruni Elementary School's student population of 466 students has declined by 25% over five school years.
The teacher population of 33 teachers has declined by 13% over five school years.
Total Classroom Teachers
Students by Grade
Bruni Elementary School is ranked within the top 10% of all 8,043 schools in Texas (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2018-19 school year.
The diversity score of Bruni Elementary School is 0.00, which is less than the diversity score at state average of 0.64. The school's diversity has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
Definition of Terms 2020-2021 School Year Data
State Level (TX)
Overall Testing Rank
#776 out of 8043 schools
Math Test Scores (% Proficient)
Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)
Student : Teacher Ratio
Two or more races
All Ethnic Groups
National School Lunch Program
Eligible for Free Lunch
Eligible for Reduced Lunch
School Statewide Testing
School District Name
Source: 2020-2021 (latest school year available) National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), TX Dept. of Education
Great campus with excellent teachers! Trust me Im a Proud Bruni Badger now TAMIU Dustdevil.
Review Bruni Elementary School. Reviews should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
Teaching: Using Virtual Reality
Virtual Reality can enhance your lessons safely and efficiently. Virtual reality allows your students to explore worlds they might not otherwise see. We offer some suggestions on how to use VR in your classrooom.
July 11, 2022Junior Reserve Officers Training Corps or JROTC
JROTC offers valuable lessons in leadership, character-building and citizenship. Here's a look at the various JROTC programs out there together with a look at the pros and cons of the program.
July 05, 2022Teaching: Contract Renewal
Most teaching contracts are year-to-year, or longer if you're eligible. Here are some suggestions for safeguarding your employment.