Buffalo Academy For The Visual & Performing Arts
Buffalo Academy For The Visual & Performing Arts places among the top 20% of public schools in New York for:
- Category Attribute
- Community Size Largest student body (number of students) (Top 20%)
- Student Attention Lowest teacher:student ratio (Top 20%)
- Buffalo Academy For The Visual & Performing Arts's student population of 744 students has declined by 6% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 65 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades 5-12|
|Total Students||744 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||65 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Buffalo Academy For The Visual & Performing Arts's student:teacher ratio of 11:1 has decreased from 12:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (NY)|
|Overall School Rank||#2107 out of 4,239 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||11:1||14:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch||n/a|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Buffalo City School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Buffalo P.S. 81 Grades: PK-8 | 1010 students
140 Tacoma Ave
Buffalo, NY 14216
(716)816-4060 0.2 PK-8 1010
- Buffalo Community School #53 Grades: PK-8 | 435 students
329 Roehrer Ave
Buffalo, NY 14220
(716)816-3330 0.5 PK-8 435
- Buffalo Health Sciences Charter School Grades: 9-12 | 456 students
1140 Ellicott St
Buffalo, NY 14209
(716)888-4080 0.5 9-12 456
- Buffalo Oracle Charter School Grades: 9-12 | 357 students
888 Delaware Ave
Buffalo, NY 14209
(716)362-3188 0.7 9-12 357
- Buffalo P.S. 74 Hamlin Park Elementary School Grades: PK-8 | 441 students
126 Donaldson Rd
Buffalo, NY 14208
(716)816-3490 0.7 PK-8 441
Nearby Homes for Sale
Parents around the country are partaking in the Save Our Schools March to help maintain funding for our education system. Learn more about this movement and how you can get involved.
Being a parent is never easy, but some children are more challenging than others. If you're concerned that your child's behavioral issues might be more than just temporary, consider whether an alternative school might be the next move.
All students deserve to have an equal chance at academic success but not every student learns in the same way. Alternative schools provide students with unique challenges or abilities an opportunity to succeed in a different educational setting. Keep reading to learn more about alternative schools and their impact on college admissions.