Buford High School
Top Placements (Georgia)
Buford High School is Listed among the top public schools in Georgia for:
- Category Attribute
- Overall Rank Highest overall rank (Top 5%)
- Math Proficiency Highest math proficiency (Top 5%)
- Reading Language/Arts Proficiency Highest reading language/arts proficiency (Top 10%)
- Community Size Largest student body (number of students) (Top 10%)
- Buford High School's student population of 1299 students has grown by 22% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 71 teachers has grown by 18% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Total Students||1,299 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||71 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Buford High School is ranked within the top 5% of all 2174 schools in Georgia (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 18:1 has stayed the same over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School||State Level (GA)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||18:1||16:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
- The school district of Buford High School is Buford City School District, which is ranked within the top 5% of all 198 school districts in Georgia (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- Buford City School District's student population of 4,330 students has grown by 14% over five school years.
- The district's graduation rate of 91% has increased from 80-84% over five school years.
- The revenue/student of $11,091 is higher than the state average of $9,937. The district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
- The district's spending/student of $9,397 is less than the state average of $9,903. The district spending/student has declined by 11% over four school years.
|School District Name||Buford City School District|
|Number of Schools|
|Number of Students Managed||4,330||3,295|
|District Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|District Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|District Graduation Rate|
|District Total Revenue||$42 MM||$33 MM|
|District Spending||$36 MM||$33 MM|
|District Revenue / Student||$11,091||$9,937|
|District Spending / Student||$9,397||$9,903|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Buford Buford Elementary School Grades: PK-1 | 707 students
2500 Sawnee Ave
Buford, GA 30518
(770)945-5248 0.0 PK-1 707
- Buford Buford Academy Grades: 2-5 | 1316 students
2705 Robert Bell Pkwy
Buford, GA 30518
(678)482-6960 0.2 2-5 1316
- Buford Buford Middle School Grades: 6-8 | 1008 students
2700 Robert Bell Pkwy
Buford, GA 30518
(770)904-3690 0.2 6-8 1008
- Buford Harmony Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 599 students
3946 S Bogan Rd
Buford, GA 30519
(770)945-7272 2.4 PK-5 599
Public schools are far from perfect, but they still offer significant benefits to the students that attend their classrooms every day. We’ll list a few of those advantages here.
Childhood obesity rates continue to climb. While many public schools have implemented policies and programs to combat the problem, there is always more to be done. Keep reading to learn what schools are doing to prevent obesity and how you can help.
Food allergies are no laughing matter and it doesn't take long for them to become dangerous. Keep reading to learn how to keep your child safe at school if he has a food allergy.