Buford High School
Buford High School places among the top 20% of public schools in Georgia for:
- Category Attribute
- Overall Rank Highest overall rank (Top 5%)
- Math Proficiency Highest math proficiency (Top 5%)
- Reading Language/Arts Proficiency Highest reading language/arts proficiency (Top 10%)
- Community Size Largest student body (number of students) (Top 10%)
- Buford High School's student population of 1299 students has grown by 22% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 71 teachers has grown by 18% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Total Students||1,299 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||71 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Buford High School is ranked within the top 5% of all 2174 schools in Georgia (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 18:1 has stayed the same over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School||State Level (GA)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||18:1||16:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
- The school district of Buford High School is Buford City School District, which is ranked within the top 5% of all 198 school districts in Georgia (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- Buford City School District's student population of 4,330 students has grown by 14% over five school years.
- The district's graduation rate of 91% has increased from 80-84% over five school years.
- The revenue/student of $11,091 is higher than the state average of $9,937. The district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
- The district's spending/student of $9,397 is less than the state average of $9,903. The district spending/student has declined by 11% over four school years.
|School District Name||Buford City School District|
|Number of Schools|
|Number of Students Managed||4,330||3,295|
|District Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|District Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|District Graduation Rate|
|District Total Revenue||$42 MM||$33 MM|
|District Spending||$36 MM||$33 MM|
|District Revenue / Student||$11,091||$9,937|
|District Spending / Student||$9,397||$9,903|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Buford Buford Elementary School Grades: PK-1 | 707 students
2500 Sawnee Ave
Buford, GA 30518
(770)945-5248 0.0 PK-1 707
- Buford Buford Academy Grades: 2-5 | 1316 students
2705 Robert Bell Pkwy
Buford, GA 30518
(678)482-6960 0.2 2-5 1316
- Buford Buford Middle School Grades: 6-8 | 1008 students
2700 Robert Bell Pkwy
Buford, GA 30518
(770)904-3690 0.2 6-8 1008
- Buford Harmony Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 599 students
3946 S Bogan Rd
Buford, GA 30519
(770)945-7272 2.4 PK-5 599
We report on the back to school campaign launched by CPS despite huge issues facing the district, including reports of school officials lying to get their children free lunches, conflicts between administrators and teachers’ union, and a lower bond rating.
Some districts are banning handcuffing, while others are cuffing kindergarteners simply throwing a temper tantrum. Read this editorial to see why this author believes slapping the cuffs on children’s wrists only leads to more behavior issues and violence in their adult lives.
Are our public schools in a state of crisis? Learn about the 10 biggest problems with public schools today, both from the perspective of the administrators and the teachers