Burns Junior & Senior High School
- Burns Junior & Senior High School's student population of 283 students has grown by 7% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 25 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades 7-12|
|Total Students||283 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||25 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Burns Junior & Senior High School's student:teacher ratio of 11:1 has increased from 10:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (WY)|
|Overall School Rank||#147 out of 316 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||50-54%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||45-49%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||11:1||13:1|
|Two or more races||n/a|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Laramie County #2 School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Burns Burns Elementary School Grades: K-6 | 255 students
630 E. 4th
Burns, WY 82053
(307)245-4150 0.1 K-6 255
- Carpenter Carpenter Elementary School Grades: K-6 | 98 students
4816 Monroe Avenue
Carpenter, WY 82054
(307)245-4180 9.8 K-6 98
- Pine Bluffs Pine Bluffs Elementary School Grades: K-6 | 146 students
603 Elm Street
Pine Bluffs, WY 82082
(307)245-4070 15.2 K-6 146
- Pine Bluffs Pine Bluffs Junior & Senior High School Grades: 7-12 | 165 students
512 Maple Street
Pine Bluffs, WY 82082
(307)245-4000 15.3 7-12 165
Your child’s education is not just his teacher’s responsibility. As a parent, you have the ability to supplement your child’s education at home and to help him succeed in school. Read on to learn some tips to help your child make the most of his education in 2020.
Childhood experiences shape who we become as adults, for good and bad. The new Surgeon General of California is pushing for childhood trauma screening in students in the hopes of resolving some of the issues that might later lead to the development of physical and mental health problems.
Millions of people struggle with mental health issues on a daily basis, but no one wants to think that these issues might affect children. As a parent, it is your responsibility to know what your child needs and to provide it. This includes identifying problem behaviors and seeking treatment when your child needs help.