Burns Junior & Senior High School
- Burns Junior & Senior High School's student population of 296 students has grown by 10% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 25 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades 7-12|
|Total Students||296 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||25 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Burns Junior & Senior High School is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 318 schools in Wyoming (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017-18 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 12:1 has increased from 10:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (WY)|
|Overall Testing Rank||#215 out of 318 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1||13:1|
|Two or more races||n/a|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Laramie County School District #2 School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Burns Burns Elementary School Grades: K-6 | 265 students
630 E. 4th
Burns, WY 82053
(307) 245-4150 0.1 K-6 265
- Carpenter Carpenter Elementary School Grades: K-6 | 107 students
4816 Monroe Avenue
Carpenter, WY 82054
(307) 245-4180 9.8 K-6 107
- Pine Bluffs Pine Bluffs Elementary School Grades: K-6 | 153 students
603 Elm Street
Pine Bluffs, WY 82082
(307) 245-4070 15.2 K-6 153
- Cheyenne Meadowlark Academy Grades: 6-12 | 12 students
3304 E I-80 Service Rd
Cheyenne, WY 82009
(307) 829-7355 15.3 6-12 12
- Pine Bluffs Pine Bluffs Junior & Senior High School Grades: 7-12 | 181 students
512 Maple Street
Pine Bluffs, WY 82082
(307) 245-4000 15.3 7-12 181
The recent Atlanta cheating scandal has been rocked with another scandal: the ensuing cover-up. Learn more about the second chapter of the standardized test cheating controversy that has this Southern state shaking its head.
President Obama’s My Brother’s Keeper initiative aims to improve academic opportunities for students of color, especially African-American boys.
Learn about the Montessori Method, the growing number of Montessori charter schools, and why parents are considering this individualized approach to education.