Calamus-wheatland Sec Attendance Center
- Calamus-wheatland Sec Attendance Center's student population of 224 students has declined by 10% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 20 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades 7-12|
|Total Students||224 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||20 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Calamus-wheatland Sec Attendance Center's student:teacher ratio of 11:1 has decreased from 12:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (IA)|
|Overall School Rank||#327 out of 1,252 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||80-84%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||75-79%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||11:1||14:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Calamus-Wheatland Comm School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Calamus Calamus-wheatland Elementary Attendance Center Grades: PK-6 | 281 students
80 S 2nd St
Calamus, IA 52729
(563)246-2221 4.3 PK-6 281
- Lowden North Cedar Lowden Elementary Center Grades: PK-6 | 170 students
703 Park Avenue
Lowden, IA 52255
(563)941-5383 4.9 PK-6 170
- Bennett Bennett Elementary School Grades: PK-6 | 69 students
300 Cedar St
Bennett, IA 52721
(563)890-2226 9.6 PK-6 69
- Donahue John Glenn Elementary School Grades: PK-6 | 250 students
306 N. Main St.
Donahue, IA 52746
(563)282-9627 12.9 PK-6 250
- Tipton Tipton Middle School Grades: 5-8 | 323 students
725 West 7th St.
Tipton, IA 52772
(563)886-6025 15.0 5-8 323
Nearby Homes for Sale
As the school year kicks into full swing, we examine the many fees and other hidden costs lurking in a “free” public education today.
Being a parent is never easy, but some children are more challenging than others. If you're concerned that your child's behavioral issues might be more than just temporary, consider whether an alternative school might be the next move.
All students deserve to have an equal chance at academic success but not every student learns in the same way. Alternative schools provide students with unique challenges or abilities an opportunity to succeed in a different educational setting. Keep reading to learn more about alternative schools and their impact on college admissions.