Calamus-wheatland Elementary Attendance Center
- Calamus-wheatland Elementary Attendance Center's student population of 275 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 19 teachers has declined by 9% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-6|
|Total Students||275 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||19 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Calamus-wheatland Elementary Attendance Center is ranked within the top 50% of all 1,232 schools in Iowa (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017-18 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 14:1 has increased from 13:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (IA)|
|Overall Testing Rank||#376 out of 1232 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||80-84%|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||80-84%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||14:1||15:1|
|Two or more races|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Calamus-Wheatland Community School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Wheatland Calamus-wheatland Sec Attendance Center Grades: 7-12 | 215 students
110 E Park Rd
Wheatland, IA 52777
(563) 374-1292 4.3 7-12 215
- Lowden North Cedar Lowden Elementary Center Grades: PK-6 | 179 students
703 Park Avenue
Lowden, IA 52255
(563) 941-5383 9.1 PK-6 179
- Donahue John Glenn Elementary School Grades: PK-6 | 250 students
308 N. Main St.
Donahue, IA 52746
(563) 282-9627 9.8 PK-6 250
- De Witt Ekstrand Elementary School Grades: PK-3 | 465 students
1140 15th St
De Witt, IA 52742
(563) 659-0750 11.2 PK-3 465
- De Witt Central Dewitt Intermediate School Grades: 4-6 | 319 students
1010 4th Ave. E.
De Witt, IA 52742
(563) 659-4780 11.5 4-6 319
Gangs, drugs, and guns may be more prevalent on public school campuses than parents think. Learn about the high percentage of public school students who are exposed to these dangers each day – and what parents can do to protect their kids.
President Obama’s My Brother’s Keeper initiative aims to improve academic opportunities for students of color, especially African-American boys.
Learn about how public schools across the country are mandating community service hours in order to graduate.