Calamus-wheatland Elementary Attendance Center
- Calamus-wheatland Elementary Attendance Center's student population of 281 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 21 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-6|
|Total Students||281 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||21 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Calamus-wheatland Elementary Attendance Center's student:teacher ratio of 13:1 has stayed the same over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (IA)|
|Overall School Rank||#722 out of 1,252 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||80-84%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||80-84%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||13:1||14:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Calamus-Wheatland Comm School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- The nearest high school to Calamus-wheatland Elementary Attendance Center is Calamus-wheatland Sec Attendance Center (4.3 miles away)
- The nearest middle school is Calamus-wheatland Sec Attendance Center (4.3 miles away)
- The nearest elementary school is North Cedar Lowden Elementary Center (9.1 miles away)
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Wheatland Calamus-wheatland Sec Attendance Center Grades: 7-12 | 224 students
110 E Park Rd
Wheatland, IA 52777
(563)374-1292 4.3 7-12 224
- Lowden North Cedar Lowden Elementary Center Grades: PK-6 | 170 students
703 Park Avenue
Lowden, IA 52255
(563)941-5383 9.1 PK-6 170
- Donahue John Glenn Elementary School Grades: PK-6 | 250 students
306 N. Main St.
Donahue, IA 52746
(563)282-9627 9.8 PK-6 250
- De Witt Ekstrand Elementary School Grades: PK-3 | 475 students
1140 15th St
De Witt, IA 52742
(563)659-0750 11.2 PK-3 475
- De Witt Central Dewitt Intermediate School Grades: 4-6 | 316 students
1010 4th Ave. E.
De Witt, IA 52742
(563)659-4780 11.5 4-6 316
Nearby Homes for Sale
As the school year kicks into full swing, we examine the many fees and other hidden costs lurking in a “free” public education today.
Being a parent is never easy, but some children are more challenging than others. If you're concerned that your child's behavioral issues might be more than just temporary, consider whether an alternative school might be the next move.
All students deserve to have an equal chance at academic success but not every student learns in the same way. Alternative schools provide students with unique challenges or abilities an opportunity to succeed in a different educational setting. Keep reading to learn more about alternative schools and their impact on college admissions.