Caledonia Elementary School
Caledonia Elementary School places among the top 20% of public schools in Mississippi for:
- Category Attribute
- Overall Rank Highest overall rank (Top 5%)
- Math Proficiency Highest math proficiency (Top 5%)
- Reading/Language Arts Proficiency Highest reading/language arts proficiency (Top 10%)
- Caledonia Elementary School's student population of 1,119 students has grown by 8% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 70 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Awards||Blue Ribbon School (2014)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-5|
|Total Students||1,119 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||70 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Caledonia Elementary School is ranked within the top 5% of all 825 schools in Mississippi (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017-18 school year.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (MS)|
|Overall Testing Rank||#29 out of 825 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||16:1||16:1|
|Two or more races||n/a|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Lowndes County School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Caledonia Caledonia Middle School Grades: 6-8 | 527 students
105 Confederate Drive
Caledonia, MS 39740
(662) 356-2042 0.0 6-8 527
- Columbus Columbus Middle School Grades: 6-8 | 863 students
175 Highway 373
Columbus, MS 39705
(662) 241-7300 10.1 6-8 863
- Columbus Cmsd Alternative School
924 20th Street North
Columbus, MS 39701
(662) 241-7250 12.2 n/a n/a
Learn about whether or not public school students are prepared to enter into the "real world" upon graduation, and how schools are changing their curriculum to meet changing economic needs.
Many school districts are hiking up the price of school lunches this year. We’ll take a look at some of the reasons for the trend, including the child nutritional bill that President Obama signed into law last year.
There is no denying that being a public school teacher has its challenges, but some are more apparent than others. Keep reading to learn about the top ten challenges facing public school teachers this year.