Caledonia Senior High School
Caledonia Senior High School places among the top 20% of public schools in Minnesota for:
- Category Attribute
- Overall Rank Highest overall rank (Top 20%)
- Math Proficiency Highest math proficiency (Top 20%)
- Reading Language/Arts Proficiency Highest reading language/arts proficiency (Top 10%)
- Caledonia Senior High School's student population of 228 students has declined by 13% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 15 teachers has declined by 11% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Total Students||228 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||15 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Caledonia Senior High School is ranked within the top 20% of all 1784 schools in Minnesota (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 15:1 has decreased from 16:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School||State Level (MN)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||70-79%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||70-79%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||15:1||16:1|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
- The school district of Caledonia Senior High School is Caledonia Public School District, which is ranked within the top 30% of all 511 school districts in Minnesota (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- Caledonia Public School District's student population of 670 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The district's graduation rate of 90% has decreased from 95% over five school years.
- The revenue/student of $14,189 is higher than the state average of $11,015. The district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
- The district's spending/student of $13,353 is higher than the state average of $11,205. The district spending/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
|School District Name||Caledonia Public School District|
|Number of Schools|
|Number of Students Managed||670||531|
|District Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|District Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|District Graduation Rate||≥90%|
|District Total Revenue||$10 MM||$6 MM|
|District Spending||$9 MM||$6 MM|
|District Revenue / Student||$14,189||$11,015|
|District Spending / Student||$13,353||$11,205|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Caledonia Caledonia Middle School Grades: 6-8 | 139 students
825 N Warrior Ave
Caledonia, MN 55921
(507)725-3316 0.0 6-8 139
- Caledonia Caledonia Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 303 students
511 W Main St
Caledonia, MN 55921
(507)725-5205 0.6 PK-5 303
- Houston Houston Elementary School Grades: PK-6 | 225 students
310 S Sherman
Houston, MN 55943
(507)896-5323 8.8 PK-6 225
- Houston Minnesota Virtual Academy Grades: K-12 | 1515 students
306 W Elm St
Houston, MN 55943
(507)896-5323 8.8 K-12 1515
Sports are thriving and the drama department is happily growing. Student organizations are many and involved. Teachers are flexible and willing to help struggling students. Definite school pride!!!
- Posted by Student/Alumni - moism
Too much focus on sports has hurt the education system greatly.
- Posted by Parent - jagne
We analyze on a new study that shows restricting sugary snacks in vending machines in schools resulted in less weight-gain over a three-year period.
A number of school districts across the country are considering the closure of some of their public schools. We’ll look at reasons for the closures and what parents are doing to protest.
We report on the back to school campaign launched by CPS despite huge issues facing the district, including reports of school officials lying to get their children free lunches, conflicts between administrators and teachers’ union, and a lower bond rating.