Caledonia Middle School
- Caledonia Middle School's student population of 148 students has grown by 8% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 11 teachers has grown by 10% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades 6-8|
|Total Students||148 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||11 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Caledonia Middle School is ranked within the top 50% of all 1,793 schools in Minnesota (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017-18 school year.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (MN)|
|Overall Testing Rank||#725 out of 1793 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||60-64%|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||55-59%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||13:1||16:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Caledonia Public School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Caledonia Hved Spectrum Program Grades: PK-12 | 4 students
511 Main St.
Caledonia, MN 55921
(507) 474-6882 0.5 PK-12 4
- Caledonia Caledonia Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 299 students
511 W Main St
Caledonia, MN 55921
(507) 725-5205 0.6 PK-5 299
- Houston Houston Elementary School Grades: PK-6 | 289 students
310 S Sherman
Houston, MN 55943
(507) 896-5323 8.8 PK-6 289
We have followed the Atlanta cheating scandal story, and now, administrative consequences have been handed out to the teachers implicated, and a jury is considering criminal charges against some of the teachers as well.
Learn about a school district in Missouri that buckled under the pressure of the ACLU and took single-sex classes out of its schools. We’ll also look at some of the evidence that both supports and refutes the benefits of single-sex classrooms.
Some schools in the country only give students 10 minutes to eat lunch, while others enjoy an entire hour. We’ll delve into the controversy surrounding the length of the lunch period and what the research finds in correlating lunch length to student performance.