California High School
California High School places among the top 20% of public schools in Missouri for:
- Category Attribute
- Reading/Language Arts Proficiency Highest reading/language arts proficiency (Top 20%)
- California High School's student population of 446 students has grown by 6% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 34 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Total Students||446 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||34 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- California High School is ranked within the top 50% of all 2,085 schools in Missouri (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017-18 school year.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (MO)|
|Overall Testing Rank||#986 out of 2085 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||25-29%|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||60-64%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||13:1||14:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Moniteau Co. R-I School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- California California Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 667 students
101 S Owen St
California, MO 65018
(573) 796-2161 1.0 PK-5 667
- California California Middle School Grades: 6-8 | 294 students
211 S Owen St
California, MO 65018
(573) 796-2146 1.0 6-8 294
- Clarksburg Clarksburg Elementary School Grades: K-8 | 39 students
401 S Hwy H
Clarksburg, MO 65025
(573) 787-3511 4.7 K-8 39
- Latham Latham Elementary School Grades: K-8 | 56 students
156 School St
Latham, MO 65050
(660) 458-6271 7.3 K-8 56
- High Point High Point Elementary School Grades: PK-8 | 89 students
60909 Hwy C
High Point, MO 65042
(660) 489-2213 10.3 PK-8 89
A generous Michigan teen was growing his hair long to donate to Locks of Love, but was suspended from school as a result. Was this the right cut? We’ll discuss both side of the issue.
A recent ruling by the U.S. Supreme Court bans public school use by churches outside of normal school hours, and we’ll take a look at both sides of this issue.
Learn about whether charter schools or traditional public schools are enjoying better academic performance amongst their students. What do the test results reveal?