Chicago Park Elementary School District
- For the 2020-21 school year, there are 2 public schools in Chicago Park Elementary School District, serving 186 students. Chicago Park Elementary School District has one of the highest concentrations of top ranked public schools in California.
- Public schools in Chicago Park Elementary School District have an average math proficiency score of 43% (versus the California public school average of 38%), and reading proficiency score of 46% (versus the 50% statewide average). This district's average testing ranking is 6/10, which is in the top 50% of public schools in California.
- Minority enrollment is 23% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is less than the California public school average of 77% (majority Hispanic).
- The student:teacher ratio of 21:1 is less than the California public school average of 23:1.
|School District Name||Chicago Park Elementary School District|
|School District Website||http://www.chicagoparkschool.org|
|School District Phone Number||(530) 346-2153|
|School District Grades Offered||KG - 08|
|2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||This State (CA)|
|# of Schools||2 Schools||10,322 Schools|
|# of Students||186 Students||6,196,271 Students|
|# of Teachers||9 Teachers||264,754 Teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||21:1||23:1|
- Chicago Park Elementary School District, which is ranked #426 of all 1,013 school districts in California (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017-2018 school year.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (CA)|
|Overall Testing Rank||#345 out of 989 school districts|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||40-44%|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||40-44%|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||3 Students||32,941 Students|
|% American Indian Students|
|# of Asian Students||3 Students||719,599 Students|
|% Asian Students|
|# of Hispanic Students||27 Students||3,366,608 Students|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||n/a||337,796 Students|
|% Black Students||n/a|
|# of White Students||143 Students||1,437,339 Students|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||n/a||28,785 Students|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||10 Students||273,002 Students|
|% of Two or more races Students|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||-||-|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||21||530,276|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||16||455,064|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||20||454,352|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||19||446,005|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||21||465,237|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||18||470,637|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||27||484,746|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||21||474,570|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||23||472,071|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||-||493,593|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||-||481,887|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||-||473,739|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||-||485,939|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-||8,155|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $16,909 is higher than the state median of $15,053. The school district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $12,328 is less than the state median of $14,597. The school district spending/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017||This School District||This State (CA)|
|Total Revenue||$3 MM||$28 MM|
|Spending||$2 MM||$27 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$16,909||$15,053|
|Revenue / Student||$12,328||$14,597|
Chicago Park Elementary School District Public Schools (2020-21)
Learn about whether or not public school students are prepared to enter into the "real world" upon graduation, and how schools are changing their curriculum to meet changing economic needs.
Many school districts are hiking up the price of school lunches this year. We’ll take a look at some of the reasons for the trend, including the child nutritional bill that President Obama signed into law last year.
There is no denying that being a public school teacher has its challenges, but some are more apparent than others. Keep reading to learn about the top ten challenges facing public school teachers this year.