Empire Union Elementary School District
- For the 2020-21 school year, there are 6 public schools in Empire Union Elementary School District, serving 3,020 students. Empire Union Elementary School District has one of the highest concentrations of top ranked public schools in California.
- Public schools in Empire Union Elementary School District have an average math proficiency score of 31% (versus the California public school average of 38%), and reading proficiency score of 41% (versus the 50% statewide average). This district's average testing ranking is 4/10, which is in the bottom 50% of public schools in California.
- Minority enrollment is 77% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is equal to the California public school average of 77% (majority Hispanic).
- The student:teacher ratio of 25:1 is more than the California public school average of 23:1.
|School District Name||Empire Union Elementary School District|
|School District Website||http://www.empire.k12.ca.us|
|School District Phone Number||(209) 521-2800|
|School District Grades Offered||KG - 08|
|2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||This State (CA)|
|# of Schools||6 Schools||10,322 Schools|
|# of Students||3,020 Students||6,196,271 Students|
|# of Teachers||123 Teachers||264,754 Teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||25:1||23:1|
- Empire Union Elementary School District, which is ranked #638 of all 1,013 school districts in California (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017-2018 school year.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (CA)|
|Overall Testing Rank||#563 out of 989 school districts|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||13 Students||32,941 Students|
|% American Indian Students|
|# of Asian Students||119 Students||719,599 Students|
|% Asian Students|
|# of Hispanic Students||1,855 Students||3,366,608 Students|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||124 Students||337,796 Students|
|% Black Students|
|# of White Students||706 Students||1,437,339 Students|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||29 Students||28,785 Students|
|% of Hawaiian Students|
|# of Two or more races Students||174 Students||273,002 Students|
|% of Two or more races Students|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||-||-|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||371||530,276|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||359||455,064|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||314||454,352|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||341||446,005|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||345||465,237|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||347||470,637|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||356||484,746|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||299||474,570|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||288||472,071|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||-||493,593|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||-||481,887|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||-||473,739|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||-||485,939|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-||8,155|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $14,311 in this school district is less than the state median of $15,053. The school district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $11,808 is less than the state median of $14,597. The school district spending/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017||This School District||This State (CA)|
|Total Revenue||$43 MM||$28 MM|
|Spending||$36 MM||$27 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$14,311||$15,053|
|Revenue / Student||$11,808||$14,597|
Empire Union Elementary School District Public Schools (2020-21)
- School (Math and Reading Proficiency) Location Grades Students
- Christine Sipherd Elementary School 3420 E. Orangeburg Ave.
Modesto, CA 95355
Grades: K-6 | 483 students
- Alice N. Stroud Elementary School 815 Frazine Rd.
Modesto, CA 95357
Grades: K-6 | 528 students
- Capistrano Elementary School 400 Capistrano Dr.
Modesto, CA 95354
Grades: K-6 | 496 students
- Bernard L. Hughes Elementary School 512 N. Mcclure Rd.
Modesto, CA 95357
Grades: K-6 | 564 students
- Norman N. Glick Middle School 400 Frazine Rd.
Modesto, CA 95357
Grades: 7-8 | 587 students
- Empire Elementary School 5201 First St.
Empire, CA 95319
Grades: K-6 | 362 students
Learn about whether or not public school students are prepared to enter into the "real world" upon graduation, and how schools are changing their curriculum to meet changing economic needs.
Many school districts are hiking up the price of school lunches this year. We’ll take a look at some of the reasons for the trend, including the child nutritional bill that President Obama signed into law last year.
There is no denying that being a public school teacher has its challenges, but some are more apparent than others. Keep reading to learn about the top ten challenges facing public school teachers this year.