Piner-Olivet Union Elementary School District
- For the 2020 school year, there are 5 public schools in Piner-Olivet Union Elementary School District, serving 1,355 students.
- Public school in Piner-Olivet Union Elementary School District have an average math proficiency score of 23% (versus the California public school average of 37%), and reading proficiency score of 36% (versus the 48% statewide average). This district's average school ranking is in the bottom 50% of public schools in California.
- Minority enrollment is 66% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is less than the California public school average of 77% (majority Hispanic).
- The student:teacher ratio of 25:1 is more than the California public school average of 23:1.
|School District Name||Piner-Olivet Union Elementary School District|
|School District Website||http://www.pousd.org|
|School District Phone Number||(707)522-3000|
|School District Grades Offered||KG - 12|
|2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||This State (CA)|
|# of Schools||5 Schools||10,324 Schools|
|# of Students||1,355 Students||6,196,709 Students|
|# of Teachers||55 Teachers||264,770 Teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||25:1||23:1|
- Piner-Olivet Union Elementary School District, which is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 1,005 school districts in California (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2016-2017 school year.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (CA)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||14 Students||32,944 Students|
|% American Indian Students|
|# of Asian Students||106 Students||719,631 Students|
|% Asian Students|
|# of Hispanic Students||628 Students||3,367,098 Students|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||43 Students||337,827 Students|
|% Black Students|
|# of White Students||462 Students||1,438,139 Students|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||8 Students||28,797 Students|
|% of Hawaiian Students|
|# of Two or more races Students||94 Students||273,039 Students|
|% of Two or more races Students|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||-||10|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||139||530,347|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||157||455,128|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||156||454,430|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||169||446,073|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||132||465,299|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||137||470,687|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||156||484,751|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||124||474,596|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||114||472,106|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||18||493,622|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||16||481,936|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||20||473,674|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||17||485,882|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-||8,168|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $8,929 in this school district is less than the state average of $10,675. The school district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $8,693 is less than the state average of $10,743. The school district spending/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||This State (CA)|
|Total Revenue||$13 MM||$18 MM|
|Spending||$13 MM||$18 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$8,929||$10,675|
|Spending / Student||$8,693||$10,743|
Piner-Olivet Union Elementary School District Public Schools (2020)
School (Math/Reading Proficiency)
- Jack London Elementary School 2707 Francisco Ave.
Santa Rosa, CA 95403
Grades: K-6 | 299 students
- Northwest Prep Charter 2590 Piner Rd.
Santa Rosa, CA 95401
Grades: 7-12 | 103 students
- Olivet Elementary Charter 1825 Willowside Rd.
Santa Rosa, CA 95401
Grades: K-6 | 317 students
- Piner-olivet Charter 2707 Francisco Ave.
Santa Rosa, CA 95403
Grades: 6-8 | 206 students
Being a teacher has never been easy but changes in federal funding and legislation have made it harder than ever for public school teachers. Keep reading to learn more.
Say goodbye to mystery meat - and all other types of meat - at public school cafeterias that are embracing the Meatless Monday trend.
Growing cases of contaminated tap water at public schools around the country are raising more than eyebrows. Learn about whether or not public schools' tap water is safe to drink.