Santa Cruz City High School District
- For the 2019-20 school year, there are 6 public schools managed by Santa Cruz City High School District serving 4,276 students in Santa Cruz, California.
- Minority enrollment is 48% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is less than the California state average of 76%.
- The student:teacher ratio of 24:1 is more than the state average of 23:1.
Santa Cruz City High School District (2019-20)
- School Location Grades Students
- Santa Cruz Branciforte Middle School315 Poplar St.
Santa Cruz, CA 95062
Grades: 6-8 | 508 students
- Aptos Delta Charter 6500 Soquel Dr. Bldg. 1190
Aptos, CA 95003
Grades: 9-12 | 129 students
- Santa Cruz Mission Hill Middle School425 King St.
Santa Cruz, CA 95060
Grades: 6-8 | 594 students
- Santa Cruz Santa Cruz High School415 Walnut Ave.
Santa Cruz, CA 95060
Grades: 9-12 | 1027 students
- Soquel Soquel High School401 Old San Jose Rd.
Soquel, CA 95073
Grades: 9-12 | 1116 students
|School District Name||Santa Cruz City High School District|
|# of Schools||n/a|
|# of Students||4,276 students|
|# of Teachers||180 Teacher(s)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||24:1|
|# of Male Students||2,126 students|
|% Male Students|
|# of Female Students||2,150 students|
|% Female Students|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||20 students|
|% American Indian Students||n/a|
|# of Asian Students||160 students|
|% Asian Students|
|# of Hispanic Students||1,630 students|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||52 students|
|% Black Students|
|# of White Students||2,212 students|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||14 students|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||188 students|
|% of Two or more races Students|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||-|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||-|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||354|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||384|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||364|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||826|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||834|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||775|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||739|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-|
- Santa Cruz City High School District, which is ranked within the top 30% of all 983 school districts in California (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of 90% has decreased from 91% over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (CA)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
Learn how you can help improve your child's food options in public school cafeterias.
Being a parent is never easy, but some children are more challenging than others. If you're concerned that your child's behavioral issues might be more than just temporary, consider whether an alternative school might be the next move.
All students deserve to have an equal chance at academic success but not every student learns in the same way. Alternative schools provide students with unique challenges or abilities an opportunity to succeed in a different educational setting. Keep reading to learn more about alternative schools and their impact on college admissions.