Snowline Joint Unified School District
- For the 2020-21 school year, there are 4 public high schools in Snowline Joint Unified School District, serving 2,424 students. Public high schools in Snowline Joint Unified School District have an average math proficiency score of 30% (versus the California public high school average of 31%), and reading proficiency score of 57% (versus the 53% statewide average). This district's average high testing ranking is 7/10, which is in the top 50% of public high schools in California.
- public high school in Snowline Joint Unified School District have a Graduation Rate of 89%, which is more than the California average of 84%.
- The school with highest graduation rate is Serrano High School, with 94% graduation rate. Read more about public school graduation rate statistics in California or national school graduation rate statistics.
- Minority enrollment is 61% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is less than the California public high school average of 75% (majority Hispanic).
- The student:teacher ratio of 21:1 is less than the California public high school average of 22:1.
|School District Name||Snowline Joint Unified School District|
|School District Website||http://www.snowlineschools.com|
|School District Phone Number||(760) 868-5817|
|School District Grades Offered||KG - 12|
|2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||This State (CA)|
|# of Schools||4 Schools||2,799 Schools|
|# of Students||2,424 Students||2,122,035 Students|
|# of Teachers||115 Teachers||94,723 Teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||21:1||22:1|
- Snowline Joint Unified School District, which is ranked within the top 50% of all 552 school districts in California (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017-2018 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of 88% has increased from 87% over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (CA)|
|Overall Testing Rank||#506 out of 989 school districts|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||13 Students||13,055 Students|
|% American Indian Students|
|# of Asian Students||72 Students||248,372 Students|
|% Asian Students|
|# of Hispanic Students||1,130 Students||1,112,943 Students|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||125 Students||123,818 Students|
|% Black Students|
|# of White Students||957 Students||527,664 Students|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||7 Students||10,263 Students|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||120 Students||85,719 Students|
|% of Two or more races Students|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||-||-|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||1||15,482|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||4||14,552|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||3||12,902|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||3||12,709|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||2||13,243|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||4||14,237|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||2||24,741|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||5||35,071|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||9||36,389|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||647||493,563|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||598||481,876|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||593||473,734|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||553||485,909|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-||7,627|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $12,091 in this school district is less than the state median of $15,053. The school district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $11,924 is less than the state median of $14,597. The school district spending/student has grown by 5% over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017||This School District||This State (CA)|
|Total Revenue||$91 MM||$28 MM|
|Spending||$90 MM||$27 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$12,091||$15,053|
|Revenue / Student||$11,924||$14,597|
Snowline Joint Unified School District Public High Schools (2020-21)
- School (Math and Reading Proficiency) Location Grades Students
- Eagle Summit Community Day 3919 Nielson Rd.
Phelan, CA 92329
Grades: 7-12 | 31 students
- Serrano High School 9292 Sheep Creek Rd.
Phelan, CA 92329
Grades: 9-12 | 2,167 students
- Snowline Virtual 9298 Sheep Creek Rd.
Phelan, CA 92329
Grades: K-12 | 60 students
- Chaparral High School 9258 Malpaso Rd.
Phelan, CA 92329
Grades: 9-12 | 166 students
Learn about whether or not public school students are prepared to enter into the "real world" upon graduation, and how schools are changing their curriculum to meet changing economic needs.
Many school districts are hiking up the price of school lunches this year. We’ll take a look at some of the reasons for the trend, including the child nutritional bill that President Obama signed into law last year.
There is no denying that being a public school teacher has its challenges, but some are more apparent than others. Keep reading to learn about the top ten challenges facing public school teachers this year.