Calumet Elementary School
- Calumet Elementary School's student population of 377 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 21 teachers has declined by 12% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades 6-8|
|Total Students||377 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||21 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Calumet Elementary School is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 3,672 schools in Illinois (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017-18 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 18:1 has increased from 16:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (IL)|
|Overall School Rank||#2565 out of 3672 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||18:1||15:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch||n/a|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Calumet Public 132 School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Riverdale Burr Oak Elementary School Grades: 3-5 | 329 students
1440 W 125th St
Riverdale, IL 60827
(708)388-8010 0.5 3-5 329
- Riverdale Burr Oak Academy Grades: PK-2 | 361 students
1441 W 124th St
Riverdale, IL 60827
(708)824-3090 0.6 PK-2 361
- Chicago White Elementary Career Academy Grades: PK-8 | 162 students
1136 W 122nd St
Chicago, IL 60643
(773)535-5672 0.9 PK-8 162
- Chicago Brown R Elementary Community Academy Grades: PK-8 | 311 students
12607 S Union Ave
Chicago, IL 60628
(773)535-5385 1.0 PK-8 311
- Blue Island Lincoln Elementary School Grades: K-3 | 419 students
2140 Broadway St
Blue Island, IL 60406
(708)385-5370 1.1 K-3 419
What is the best way to evaluate the quality of a public high school? Learn about the data available that helps parents choose a high school based upon how well their graduates perform in college.
In this article, we’ll take a closer look at the financial impact of COVID-19 on public schools and what to expect in the future. We’ll talk about the effects of budget cuts and other challenges affecting the public school system for the remainder of this school year and into the next.
As the nation works to recover from COVID-19, parents wonder what the fall of 2020 holds in terms of the upcoming school year. Read on to learn some tips for preparing for potential challenges and to see the answers to some of the biggest questions being asked by parents of school-age children.