Candor Junior-senior High School
- Candor Junior-senior High School's student population of 342 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 35 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades 7-12|
|Total Students||342 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||35 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Candor Junior-senior High School's student:teacher ratio of 10:1 has stayed the same over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (NY)|
|Overall School Rank||#1771 out of 4,239 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||40-44%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||45-49%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||10:1||14:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Candor Central School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Candor Candor Elementary School Grades: K-6 | 373 students
2 Academy St
Candor, NY 13743
(607)659-3935 0.0 K-6 373
- Brooktondale Maccormick Secure Center Grades: 8-12 | 19 students
300 South Rd
Brooktondale, NY 14817
(607)539-7121 6.4 8-12 19
- Newark Valley Nathan T Hall School Grades: PK-3 | 388 students
86 Whig St
Newark Valley, NY 13811
(607)642-3340 7.8 PK-3 388
- Newark Valley Newark Valley Middle School Grades: 4-7 | 333 students
88 Whig St
Newark Valley, NY 13811
(607)642-5524 7.8 4-7 333
- Spencer Spencer-van Etten Middle School Grades: 5-8 | 288 students
1 Center St
Spencer, NY 14883
(607)589-7120 8.2 5-8 288
Your child’s education is not just his teacher’s responsibility. As a parent, you have the ability to supplement your child’s education at home and to help him succeed in school. Read on to learn some tips to help your child make the most of his education in 2020.
Childhood experiences shape who we become as adults, for good and bad. The new Surgeon General of California is pushing for childhood trauma screening in students in the hopes of resolving some of the issues that might later lead to the development of physical and mental health problems.
Millions of people struggle with mental health issues on a daily basis, but no one wants to think that these issues might affect children. As a parent, it is your responsibility to know what your child needs and to provide it. This includes identifying problem behaviors and seeking treatment when your child needs help.