Canton High School
- School Type: Magnet School
- Grades: 6-12
- Enrollment: 1,960 students
- Student:Teacher Ratio: 21:1
- Minority Enrollment: 35%
- Graduation Rate: 95% (Top 20% in MI)
- Overall Testing Rank: Top 5%
- Math Proficiency: 69% (Top 5%)
- Reading Proficiency: 79% (Top 5%)
- Source: National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), MI Dept. of Education
Canton High School ranks among the top 20% of public schools in Michigan for:
Frequently Asked Questions
What is Canton High School's ranking?
Canton High School ranks among the top 20% of public schools in Michigan for: Highest overall rank (Top 5%), Highest math proficiency (Top 5%), Highest reading/language arts proficiency (Top 5%) and Highest graduation rate (Top 20%).
What percent of students have achieved state testing proficiency in math and reading?
69% of students have achieved math proficiency (compared to the 36% MI state average), while 79% of students have achieved reading proficiency (compared to the 48% MI state average).
What is the graduation rate of Canton High School?
The graduation rate of Canton High School is 95%, which is higher than the Michigan state average of 86%.
How many students attend Canton High School?
1,960 students attend Canton High School.
What is the racial composition of the student body?
65% of Canton High School students are White, 17% of students are Asian, 9% of students are Black, 5% of students are Hispanic, and 4% of students are Two or more races.
What is the student:teacher ratio of Canton High School?
Canton High School has a student ration of 21:1, which is higher than the Michigan state average of 17:1.
What grades does Canton High School offer ?
Canton High School offers enrollment in grades 6-12
What school district is Canton High School part of?
Canton High School is part of Plymouth-Canton Community Schools School District.
Review Canton High School. Reviews should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities