Capps Elementary School
- Capps Elementary School's student population of 117 students has grown by 7% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 8 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|School Type||Alternative school|
|Grades Offered||Grades 4-6|
|Total Students||117 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||8 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Capps Elementary School's student:teacher ratio of 15:1 has increased from 14:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (AZ)|
|Overall School Rank||#689 out of 1,842 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||60-64%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||45-49%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||15:1||19:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Heber-Overgaard Unified School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Heber Mogollon High School Grades: 8-12 | 140 students
3450 Mustang Ave.
Heber, AZ 85928
(928)535-4622 0.8 8-12 140
- Cibecue Dishchii'bikoh Community School Grades: K-12 | 518 students
Po Box 80068
Cibecue, AZ 85911
(928)332-2444 27.9 K-12 518
- Taylor Northern Az Academy For Career Dev. - Taylor Grades: 9-12 | 51 students
1300 North Centennial Blvd
Taylor, AZ 85939
(928)536-4222 28.5 9-12 51
- Mesa Sequoia Village High School Grades: 9-12 | 62 students
982 Full House Lane
Mesa, AZ 85204
(480)461-3222 29.0 9-12 62
Your child’s education is not just his teacher’s responsibility. As a parent, you have the ability to supplement your child’s education at home and to help him succeed in school. Read on to learn some tips to help your child make the most of his education in 2020.
Childhood experiences shape who we become as adults, for good and bad. The new Surgeon General of California is pushing for childhood trauma screening in students in the hopes of resolving some of the issues that might later lead to the development of physical and mental health problems.
Millions of people struggle with mental health issues on a daily basis, but no one wants to think that these issues might affect children. As a parent, it is your responsibility to know what your child needs and to provide it. This includes identifying problem behaviors and seeking treatment when your child needs help.