Captain Leland Norton Elementary School
Captain Leland Norton Elementary School places among the top 20% of public schools in California for:
- Category Attribute
- Percent Eligible For Free Lunch Largest percent of students eligible for free lunch (Top 10%)
- Captain Leland Norton Elementary School's student population of 557 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 20 teachers has declined by 31% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-6|
|Total Students||557 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||20 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Captain Leland Norton Elementary School is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 9,584 schools in California (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2016-17 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 28:1 has increased from 19:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (CA)|
|Overall School Rank (16-17)||#6291 out of 9584 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||28:1||23:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||San Bernardino City Unified School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- The nearest high school, middle school and elementary school to Captain Leland Norton Elementary School is Community School/independent Alternative Education (0.4 miles away)
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- San Bernardino Community School/independent Alternative Education Grades: 3-12 | 525 students
601 N. E St.
San Bernardino, CA 92415
(909)386-2722 0.4 3-12 525
- San Bernardino H. Frank Dominguez Elementary School Grades: K-6 | 457 students
135 S. Allen St.
San Bernardino, CA 92408
(909)888-8020 0.6 K-6 457
- Pasadena Options For Youth-san Bernardino Grades: 7-12 | 840 students
985-a S. E St.
Pasadena, CA 91107
(626)685-9300 0.7 7-12 840
- Sacramento Hardy Brown College Prep Grades: K-8 | 367 students
655 W. 2nd St.
Sacramento, CA 95833
(909)884-1410 0.8 K-8 367
- San Bernardino Norton Science And Language Academy Grades: K-8 | 782 students
503 E. Central Ave.
San Bernardino, CA 92408
(909)386-2300 0.9 K-8 782
Nearby Homes for Sale
Read why good diet and nutrition is important for high student performance.
As the nation works to recover from COVID-19, parents wonder what the fall of 2020 holds in terms of the upcoming school year. Read on to learn some tips for preparing for potential challenges and to see the answers to some of the biggest questions being asked by parents of school-age children.
In this article, we’ll take a closer look at the financial impact of COVID-19 on public schools and what to expect in the future. We’ll talk about the effects of budget cuts and other challenges affecting the public school system for the remainder of this school year and into the next.