Carl Hankey Elementary School
Carl Hankey Elementary School serves 312 students in grades Kindergarten-5.
Carl Hankey Elementary School placed in the top 30% of all schools in California for overall test scores (math proficiency is top 20%, and reading proficiency is top 50%) for the 2018-19 school year.
The percentage of students achieving proficiency in math is 55-59% (which is higher than the California state average of 40%) for the 2018-19 school year. The percentage of students achieving proficiency in reading/language arts is 55-59% (which is higher than the California state average of 51%) for the 2018-19 school year.
The student:teacher ratio of 24:1 is higher than the California state level of 22:1.
Minority enrollment is 63% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is lower than the California state average of 78% (majority Hispanic).
Carl Hankey Elementary School's student population of 312 students has declined by 16% over five school years.
The teacher population of 13 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
Total Classroom Teachers
Students by Grade
Carl Hankey Elementary School is ranked within the top 30% of all 9,659 schools in California (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2018-19 school year.
The diversity score of Carl Hankey Elementary School is 0.66, which is more than the diversity score at state average of 0.63. The school's diversity has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
Definition of Terms 2020-2021 School Year Data
State Level (CA)
Overall Testing Rank
#2282 out of 9659 schools
Math Test Scores (% Proficient)
Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)
Student : Teacher Ratio
Two or more races
All Ethnic Groups
Eligible for Free Lunch
Eligible for Reduced Lunch
School Statewide Testing
School District Name
Source: 2020-2021 (latest school year available) NCES, CA Dept. of Education
Review Carl Hankey Elementary School. Reviews should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
School Safety: Shootings
Teachers and parents must be prepared for anything that impacts the safety of our young people.
What are the Top High Schools in Boston?
We review recent rankings from Boston Magazine that shows the top-rated high schools in this extensive school district.
An Overview of the Funding of Public Schools
Learn about how public schools are funded today and how the federal and local monies are allocated.