Carl Hankey Elementary School
- Carl Hankey Elementary School's student population of 385 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 12 teachers has declined by 7% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-5|
|Total Students||385 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||12 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Carl Hankey Elementary School is ranked within the top 50% of all 9,584 schools in California (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2016-17 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 32:1 has increased from 31:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (CA)|
|Overall School Rank (16-17)||#3198 out of 9584 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||32:1||23:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Capistrano Unified School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Mission Viejo Carl Hankey Middle School Grades: 6-8 | 234 students
Mission Viejo, CA 92692
(949)234-5315 0.0 6-8 234
- San Juan Capistrano California Preparatory Academy Grades: 9-12 | 134 students
32972 Calle Perfecto
San Juan Capistrano, CA 92675
(949)234-5317 0.7 9-12 134
- Mission Viejo Viejo Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 474 students
26782 Via Grande
Mission Viejo, CA 92691
(949)582-2424 0.7 K-5 474
- Mission Viejo Bathgate Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 660 students
27642 Napoli Way
Mission Viejo, CA 92692
(949)348-0451 0.8 K-5 660
- Ladera Ranch Chaparral Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 795 students
29001 Sienna Pkwy.
Ladera Ranch, CA 92694
(949)234-5349 1.3 K-5 795
Read why good diet and nutrition is important for high student performance.
As the nation works to recover from COVID-19, parents wonder what the fall of 2020 holds in terms of the upcoming school year. Read on to learn some tips for preparing for potential challenges and to see the answers to some of the biggest questions being asked by parents of school-age children.
In this article, we’ll take a closer look at the financial impact of COVID-19 on public schools and what to expect in the future. We’ll talk about the effects of budget cuts and other challenges affecting the public school system for the remainder of this school year and into the next.