Carver-lyon Elementary School
- School Type: Magnet School
- Grades: Prekindergarten-5
- Enrollment: 377 students
- Student:Teacher Ratio: 8:1
- Minority Enrollment: 96%
- Overall Testing Rank: Bottom 50% in SC
- Math Proficiency: 15-19% (Btm 50%)
- Reading Proficiency: 10-14% (Btm 50%)
- Source: National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), SC Dept. of Education
(offers virtual instruction)
Frequently Asked Questions
What percent of students have achieved state testing proficiency in math and reading?
15-19% of students have achieved math proficiency (compared to the 46% SC state average), while 10-14% of students have achieved reading proficiency (compared to the 48% SC state average).
How many students attend Carver-lyon Elementary School?
377 students attend Carver-lyon Elementary School.
What is the ethnic breakdown of the student body?
72% of Carver-lyon Elementary School students are Black, 17% of students are Hispanic, 5% of students are Two or more races, 4% of students are White, 1% of students are Asian, and 1% of students are Hawaiian.
What is the student:teacher ratio of Carver-lyon Elementary School?
Carver-lyon Elementary School has a student ration of 8:1, which is lower than the South Carolina state average of 14:1.
What grades does Carver-lyon Elementary School offer ?
Carver-lyon Elementary School offers enrollment in grades Prekindergarten-5 (offers virtual instruction).
Review Carver-lyon Elementary School. Reviews should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities