Casa Esperanza Montessori Charter School
Casa Esperanza Montessori Charter School places among the top 20% of public schools in North Carolina for:
- Category Attribute
- Overall Rank Highest overall rank (Top 20%)
- Math Proficiency Highest math proficiency (Top 20%)
- Reading Language/Arts Proficiency Highest reading language/arts proficiency (Top 20%)
- Diversity Most diverse schools (Top 20%)
- Casa Esperanza Montessori Charter School's student population of 466 students has grown by 18% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 21 teachers has grown by 16% over five school years.
|School Type||Charter School|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||466 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||21 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Casa Esperanza Montessori Charter School is ranked within the top 20% of all 2,538 schools in North Carolina (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-16 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 22:1 has stayed the same over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School||State Level (NC)|
|Overall School Rank|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||60-64%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||65-69%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||22:1||16:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Casa Esperanza Montessori School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Raleigh Millbrook High School Grades: 9-12 | 2432 students
2201 Spring Forest Rd
Raleigh, NC 27615
(919)850-8787 1.0 9-12 2432
- Raleigh River Bend Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 895 students
6710 Perry Creek Road
Raleigh, NC 27616
(919)431-8010 1.3 PK-5 895
- Raleigh Abbotts Creek Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 657 students
9900 Durant Road
Raleigh, NC 27614
(919)694-0555 1.4 PK-5 657
- Raleigh East Millbrook Middle School Grades: 6-8 | 931 students
3801 Spring Forest Rd
Raleigh, NC 27616
(919)850-8755 1.4 6-8 931
- Raleigh Harris Creek Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 1043 students
3829 Forestville Road
Raleigh, NC 27616
(919)217-5100 1.4 PK-5 1043
We are finishing up our first year at Casa and echo what has been said before. Teachers are highly trained, certified, and caring. Class sizes way too big. My child's K class has nearly 30 students! They have a full time paraprofessional (TA) for much longer than other schools, but the classes still need to be smaller. Homework is a bit like busy work, but keeps my kid accountable. Parent involvement and community feel is great. A little too much drama amongst parents (some have issues with admin), but again that comes with lots of parent involvement. Lots of diversity. Love the daily schedule of being out at 3 and the modified calendar. We are happy there and plan to stay.
- Posted by Parent - Anon
The teachers are wonderful at Casa. The class sizes are too large averaging about 26 per class. Casa is a great school if your child is motivated and an independent learner. Its falling away from Montessori philosophy, kids bring home so much busy work, while Montessori works remain on the shelves. It is a caring community, with lots of parental involvement. This is our fourth year at Casa, and we love it , but would like to see more emphasis on Montessori, and less on common core and class M testing.
- Posted by Parent - casamom
Casa is a great school. My child has found a safe and challenging school environment. I don't know what we would have done without Casa and all it has meant to my kid.
- Posted by Parent - alith
Nearby Homes for Sale
A new program in San Antonio and Austin tracks students with truancy history with GPS devices. The program is designed to improve attendance rates and student achievement.
The world is in a constant state of change and those who fail to adjust fall behind. Unfortunately, the American public education system has not kept up with the times and is currently facing a number of serious problems. Keep reading to learn about the biggest failures affecting the modern U.S. public education system as well as some of the trends that could spark change.
Summer break is a time to kick back and relax but it is also a great time to do activities that will boost your college applications. Keep reading to see how to boost your application this summer.