Cato Elementary School
- Cato Elementary School's student population of 289 students has declined by 22% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 23 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-5|
|Total Students||289 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||23 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Cato Elementary School is ranked within the top 30% of all 1,008 schools in Arkansas (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017-18 school year.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (AR)|
|Overall Testing Rank||#227 out of 1008 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||13:1||14:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Pulaski Co. Spec. School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Sherwood Oakbrooke Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 450 students
Sherwood, AR 72120
(501) 833-1190 3.4 PK-5 450
- Jacksonville Tolleson Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 307 students
601 Harris Rd
Jacksonville, AR 72076
(501) 982-7456 3.6 K-5 307
In light of an upcoming study on Montessori education in South Carolina, as well as the growing popularity of the Montessori Method in public charter schools, we’ll take a look at the principles behind Montessori education and whether it is an effective method for preparing some students for the professional world or higher education.
Across the nation, city mayors have increased their role and control over the local public school system. Learn about the controversies and the ramifications of mayoral control.
In light of all the finger-pointing occurring in the education reform movement, we’ll look at the good and bad of teachers unions – and whether these organizations really work in favor of students and/or teachers.