Cedar Grove High School
Cedar Grove High School places among the top 20% of public schools in Georgia for:
- Category Attribute
- Community Size Largest student body (number of students) (Top 20%)
- Cedar Grove High School's student population of 1083 students has grown by 11% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 64 teachers has grown by 6% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Total Students||1,083 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||64 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Cedar Grove High School is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 2174 schools in Georgia (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 17:1 has increased from 16:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School||State Level (GA)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||17:1||16:1|
|Two or more races||n/a|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
- The school district of Cedar Grove High School is Dekalb County School District, which is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 198 school districts in Georgia (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- Dekalb County School District's student population of 101,389 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The district's graduation rate of 70% has increased from 59% over five school years.
- The revenue/student of $11,720 is higher than the state average of $9,937. The district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
- The district's spending/student of $11,687 is higher than the state average of $9,903. The district spending/student has grown by 16% over four school years.
|School District Name||Dekalb County School District|
|Number of Schools|
|Number of Students Managed||101,389||3,295|
|District Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|District Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|District Graduation Rate|
|District Total Revenue||$1,159 MM||$33 MM|
|District Spending||$1,156 MM||$33 MM|
|District Revenue / Student||$11,720||$9,937|
|District Spending / Student||$11,687||$9,903|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Ellenwood Cedar Grove Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 567 students
2330 River Rd
Ellenwood, GA 30294
(678)874-3902 0.1 PK-5 567
- Decatur Cedar Grove Middle School Grades: 6-8 | 787 students
2300 Wildcat Rd
Decatur, GA 30034
(678)874-4202 0.7 6-8 787
- Decatur Dekalb Regional Youth Detention Center Grades: 7-10 | 9 students
2946 Clifton Springs Rd
Decatur, GA 30034
(404)244-2183 1.4 7-10 9
- Decatur Oakview Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 833 students
3574 Oakvale Rd
Decatur, GA 30034
(678)875-1302 1.4 PK-5 833
We analyze on a new study that shows restricting sugary snacks in vending machines in schools resulted in less weight-gain over a three-year period.
A number of school districts across the country are considering the closure of some of their public schools. We’ll look at reasons for the closures and what parents are doing to protest.
We report on the back to school campaign launched by CPS despite huge issues facing the district, including reports of school officials lying to get their children free lunches, conflicts between administrators and teachers’ union, and a lower bond rating.