Chain Of Lakes Middle School
- Chain Of Lakes Middle School's student population of 1,307 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 71 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades 6-8|
|Total Students||1,307 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||71 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Chain Of Lakes Middle School is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 3,633 schools in Florida (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017-18 school year.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (FL)|
|Overall Testing Rank||#2681 out of 3633 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||18:1||16:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Orange School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Orlando Windy Ridge K-8 Grades: PK-8 | 1,245 student
3900 Beech Tree Dr
Orlando, FL 32835
(407) 296-5100 0.6 PK-8 1,245
- Orlando Southwest Middle School Grades: 6-8 | 1,410 student
6450 Dr Phillips Blvd
Orlando, FL 32819
(407) 370-7200 1.8 6-8 1,410
My child has attended Chain of Lakes for the last 3 years (grades 6-8) and has had a very positive experience. He has had all amazing and knowledgeable teachers. Caring staff and administration. I am so happy Chain of Lakes was our option for middle school. They offer many programs that other local middle schools cannot. I have nothing accolades for COLMS.
- Posted by Parent - Parent
This is a good school with a few problems here and there. Both of our children have had basically positive experiences in their time at the school, but this year has been very challenging as far as the high school math class is concerned. The principal needs to better address this issue with a high school credit at stake. Testing seems to take up much more time than it should, but the school seems to do a good job preparing students for the standardized tests. The teachers have basically been helpful and interested in helping the kids learn. The gifted teacher has been a very positive influence on my children's growth as students and people and we are very thankful for their time in that class. Overall the time at COLMS has been good for our children and prepared them for their move to high school.
- Posted by Parent - COLMS parent
The music and gifted programs are amazing, but there are some weird rules as to how and where we can walk to our classes? Other than that, teachers are helpful, staff is aswell! I have no clue about what amber is talking about, ask a student, and they will disagree.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - Attendant of COLMS
This school has a corrupt, and abusive administration. The teachers and staff are great! Even the secretaries and nurse have it together. If the administration were replaced, this school would be really awesome, actually. Too bad.
- Posted by Parent - amber