Challenger Elementary School
- Challenger Elementary School's student population of 510 students has declined by 12% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 29 teachers has declined by 21% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-5|
|Total Students||510 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||29 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Challenger Elementary School is ranked within the top 50% of all 1,270 schools in Alabama (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017-18 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 18:1 has increased from 16:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (AL)|
|Overall Testing Rank||#416 out of 1270 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||18:1||18:1|
|Two or more races|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Huntsville City School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Huntsville Challenger Middle School Grades: 6-8 | 439 students
13555 Chaney Thompson Rd
Huntsville, AL 35803
(256) 428-7620 0.0 6-8 439
- Huntsville Mountain Gap P8 Grades: PK-8 | 800 students
821 Mt Gap Rd
Huntsville, AL 35803
(256) 428-7720 1.0 PK-8 800
- Huntsville Roger B Chaffee Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 421 students
7900 Whittier Rd
Huntsville, AL 35802
(256) 428-7040 3.3 PK-5 421
Gangs, drugs, and guns may be more prevalent on public school campuses than parents think. Learn about the high percentage of public school students who are exposed to these dangers each day – and what parents can do to protect their kids.
President Obama’s My Brother’s Keeper initiative aims to improve academic opportunities for students of color, especially African-American boys.
Learn about how public schools across the country are mandating community service hours in order to graduate.