Farley Elementary School
Farley Elementary School serves 348 students in grades Prekindergarten-5.
Farley Elementary School placed in the top 10% of all schools in Alabama for overall test scores (math proficiency is top 10%, and reading proficiency is top 20%) for the 2018-19 school year.
The percentage of students achieving proficiency in math is 70-74% (which is higher than the Alabama state average of 47%) for the 2018-19 school year. The percentage of students achieving proficiency in reading/language arts is 60-64% (which is higher than the Alabama state average of 45%) for the 2018-19 school year.
The student:teacher ratio of 15:1 is lower than the Alabama state level of 17:1.
Minority enrollment is 42% of the student body (majority Black), which is lower than the Alabama state average of 47% (majority Black).
- Grades: Prekindergarten-5
- Students: 348 students
- Student:Teacher Ratio: 15:1
- Minority Enrollment: 42%
- Overall Testing Rank: Top 10% in AL
- Math Proficiency: 70-74% (Top 10%)
- Reading Proficiency: 60-64% (Top 20%)
- Source: National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), AL Dept. of Education
Farley Elementary School ranks among the top 20% of public schools in Alabama for:
Reading/Language Arts Proficiency
Farley Elementary School's student population of 348 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
The teacher population of 23 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
Total Classroom Teachers
Students by Grade
Farley Elementary School is ranked within the top 10% of all 1,263 schools in Alabama (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2018-19 school year.
The diversity score of Farley Elementary School is 0.62, which is more than the diversity score at state average of 0.61. The school's diversity has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
Definition of Terms 2020-2021 School Year Data
State Level (AL)
Overall Testing Rank
#116 out of 1263 schools
Math Test Scores (% Proficient)
Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)
Student : Teacher Ratio
Two or more races
All Ethnic Groups
National School Lunch Program
Eligible for Free Lunch
Eligible for Reduced Lunch
School Statewide Testing
School District Name
Source: 2020-2021 (latest school year available) National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), AL Dept. of Education
Farley is a great school. I should know, I am a 5th grader here (2017). The teachers are amazing, even though some teachers are strict, they are just trying to teach and keep us safe. I love my teachers. Ms. Hill my robotics and green power teacher. Mrs. Johnson my math teacher. Mrs. Potter my science teacher. Mrs. Carnes my ELA and homeroom teacher. Tina Robinson my reading teacher. I am thankful that all my teachers are amazing.
Review Farley Elementary School. Reviews should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
Teaching: Using Virtual Reality
Virtual Reality can enhance your lessons safely and efficiently. Virtual reality allows your students to explore worlds they might not otherwise see. We offer some suggestions on how to use VR in your classrooom.
July 11, 2022Junior Reserve Officers Training Corps or JROTC
JROTC offers valuable lessons in leadership, character-building and citizenship. Here's a look at the various JROTC programs out there together with a look at the pros and cons of the program.
July 05, 2022Teaching: Contract Renewal
Most teaching contracts are year-to-year, or longer if you're eligible. Here are some suggestions for safeguarding your employment.