Challenger K-8 School Of Science And Math
Challenger K-8 School Of Science And Math places among the top 20% of public schools in Florida for:
- Category Attribute
- Overall Rank Highest overall rank (Top 1%)
- Math Proficiency Highest math proficiency (Top 1%)
- Reading/Language Arts Proficiency Highest reading/language arts proficiency (Top 5%)
- Challenger K-8 School Of Science And Math's student population of 1,474 students has declined by 6% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 95 teachers has declined by 12% over five school years.
|School Type||Magnet School|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-8|
|Total Students||1,474 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||95 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Challenger K-8 School Of Science And Math is ranked within the top 1% of all 3,650 schools in Florida (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2016-17 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 16:1 has increased from 15:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (FL)|
|Overall School Rank (16-17)||#33 out of 3650 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||16:1||16:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Hernando School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Spring Hill Pace Center For Girls
3139 Dumont Ave
Spring Hill, FL 34609
(352)667-1918 1.3 n/a n/a
Challenger is truly a one-of-a-kind school! The teachers and faculty are amazing and the test scores prove it. Being ranked 2nd in the state in 2011 definitely comes as no surprise! The standards are set high but there is plenty of help and support for students who may need it. It's great to see how many parents are involved with their children not only academically but also with school functions and volunteering as well. We are very blessed to have our daughter enrolled in such a wonderful school!
- Posted by Parent - summe
Nearby Homes for Sale
A recent lawsuit filed by the NAACP against Thomas Jefferson High School alleges the school discriminates against minority students that are not properly identified as “gifted” racially by the Fairfax school district.
In this article, we’ll take a closer look at the financial impact of COVID-19 on public schools and what to expect in the future. We’ll talk about the effects of budget cuts and other challenges affecting the public school system for the remainder of this school year and into the next.
As the nation works to recover from COVID-19, parents wonder what the fall of 2020 holds in terms of the upcoming school year. Read on to learn some tips for preparing for potential challenges and to see the answers to some of the biggest questions being asked by parents of school-age children.