Charlotte Harbor School
- Charlotte Harbor School's student population of 138 students has grown by 13% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 23 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|School Type||Special education school|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Total Students||138 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||23 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Charlotte Harbor School is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 3,601 schools in Florida (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-16 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 6:1 has increased from 5:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School||State Level (FL)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||≤10%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||≤10%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||6:1||16:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Charlotte School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Port Charlotte Port Charlotte Middle School Grades: 6-8 | 851 students
23000 Midway Blvd
Port Charlotte, FL 33952
(941)255-7460 2.2 6-8 851
- Port Charlotte Neil Armstrong Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 804 students
22100 Breezeswept Ave
Port Charlotte, FL 33952
(941)255-7450 2.5 PK-5 804
- Punta Gorda Baker/head Start Elementary School Grades: PK | 173 students
311 E Charlotte Ave
Punta Gorda, FL 33950
(941)575-5470 3.0 PK 173
- Punta Gorda Kingsway Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 645 students
23300 Quasar Blvd
Punta Gorda, FL 33980
(941)255-7590 3.0 PK-5 645
Whopping cough is making a comeback, especially amongst children, prompting health officials to encourage pertussis vaccines and boosters. However, should the pertussis vaccine be required for public school enrollment? Learn about current proposed laws and its ramifications.
The results of a new study show that private school education may be no better than public school education. Keep reading to learn more about this study and to learn how to make the right choice between private and public school education for your child.
Each year, millions of students neglect to fill out the FAFSA and, in doing so, miss out on the chance to receive federal student aid. Keep reading to learn why every high school student should apply for financial aid, whether or not they qualify and regardless of their intention to use it.