Charlotte Harbor School
Top Placements (Florida)
Charlotte Harbor School is Listed among the top public schools in Florida for:
- Category Attribute
- Student Attention Lowest teacher:student ratio (Top 5%)
- Charlotte Harbor School's student population of 138 students has grown by 8% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 23 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|School Type||Special education school|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Total Students||138 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||23 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Charlotte Harbor School is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 3601 schools in Florida (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 6:1 has stayed the same over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School||State Level (FL)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||≤10%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||≤10%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||6:1||16:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
- The school district of Charlotte Harbor School is Charlotte School District, which is ranked within the top 50% of all 74 school districts in Florida (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- Charlotte School District's student population of 16,061 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The district's graduation rate of 77% has increased from 73% over five school years.
- The revenue/student of $10,911 in this district is less than the state average of $12,987. The district revenue/student has grown by 8% over four school years.
- The district's spending/student of $10,614 is less than the state average of $13,734. The district spending/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
|School District Name||Charlotte School District|
|Number of Schools|
|Number of Students Managed||16,061||10,175|
|District Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|District Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|District Graduation Rate|
|District Total Revenue||$179 MM||$132 MM|
|District Spending||$174 MM||$140 MM|
|District Revenue / Student||$10,911||$12,987|
|District Spending / Student||$10,614||$13,734|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Port Charlotte Port Charlotte Middle School Grades: 6-8 | 851 students
23000 Midway Blvd
Port Charlotte, FL 33952
(941)255-7460 2.2 6-8 851
- Port Charlotte Neil Armstrong Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 804 students
22100 Breezeswept Ave
Port Charlotte, FL 33952
(941)255-7450 2.5 PK-5 804
- Punta Gorda Baker/head Start Elementary School Grades: PK | 173 students
311 E Charlotte Ave
Punta Gorda, FL 33950
(941)575-5470 3.0 PK 173
- Punta Gorda Kingsway Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 645 students
23300 Quasar Blvd
Punta Gorda, FL 33980
(941)255-7590 3.0 PK-5 645
Students with disabilities may require the assistance of a service dog, but how might the presence of a dog in the classroom affect other students? Could it be too distracting?
Childhood obesity rates continue to climb. While many public schools have implemented policies and programs to combat the problem, there is always more to be done. Keep reading to learn what schools are doing to prevent obesity and how you can help.
Food allergies are no laughing matter and it doesn't take long for them to become dangerous. Keep reading to learn how to keep your child safe at school if he has a food allergy.