Chinook Middle School
- Chinook Middle School's student population of 743 students has declined by 25% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 37 teachers has declined by 19% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades 6-8|
|Total Students||743 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||37 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Chinook Middle School is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 2,039 schools in Washington (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017-18 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 20:1 has decreased from 22:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (WA)|
|Overall School Rank||#1096 out of 2039 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||20:1||18:1|
|Two or more races|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||North Thurston School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Olympia North Thurston High School Grades: 9-12 | 1,442 student
600 Sleater Kinney Rd Ne
Olympia, WA 98506
(360) 412-4800 0.3 9-12 1,442
- Olympia Pleasant Glade Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 404 students
1920 Abernethy Rd Ne
Olympia, WA 98516
(360) 412-4620 0.5 PK-5 404
- Lacey Mountain View Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 669 students
1900 College St Se
Lacey, WA 98503
(360) 412-4630 1.8 PK-5 669
- Lacey Lacey Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 488 students
1800 Homann Dr Se
Lacey, WA 98503
(360) 412-4650 2.1 K-5 488
Absolutely disgusting bathrooms! Annoying kids, and weird teachers. Taking my child out of this school before next school year!!
- Posted by Parent - Hareb Alls
Just completely dissatisfied. No hope for the North Thurston public schools!! I wish I could provide my kid with a better options..
- Posted by Parent - ParentOfAChildWithA LearningDisability
Should sixth graders be placed in elementary or middle school? We explore the pros and cons of the issue.
Learn 8 ways to guide your conversations with children when discussing high-profile acts of violence in schools.
Traditional Christmas carols, such as "Silent Night," may be sounds of the past on public school campuses. Learn about why schools are banning Christmas carols and how some parents are protesting the changes.