Cissna Park Elementary School
Cissna Park Elementary School serves 132 students in grades Kindergarten-5.
Cissna Park Elementary School placed in the top 20% of all schools in Illinois for overall test scores (math proficiency is top 10%, and reading proficiency is top 30%) for the 2018-19 school year.
The percentage of students achieving proficiency in math is 55-59% (which is higher than the Illinois state average of 33%) for the 2018-19 school year. The percentage of students achieving proficiency in reading/language arts is 45-49% (which is higher than the Illinois state average of 38%) for the 2018-19 school year.
The student:teacher ratio of 11:1 is lower than the Illinois state level of 15:1.
Minority enrollment is 8% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is lower than the Illinois state average of 52% (majority Hispanic).
Cissna Park Elementary School ranks among the top 20% of public schools in Illinois for:
Cissna Park Elementary School's student population of 132 students has declined by 7% over five school years.
The teacher population of 12 teachers has grown by 9% over five school years.
Total Classroom Teachers
Students by Grade
Cissna Park Elementary School is ranked within the top 20% of all 3,655 schools in Illinois (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2018-19 school year.
The diversity score of Cissna Park Elementary School is 0.15, which is less than the diversity score at state average of 0.68. The school's diversity has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data
State Level (IL)
Overall Testing Rank
#608 out of 3655 schools
Math Test Scores (% Proficient)
Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)
Student : Teacher Ratio
Two or more races
All Ethnic Groups
Eligible for Free Lunch
Eligible for Reduced Lunch (12-13)
School Statewide Testing
School District Name
Source: 2017-2018 (latest school year available) NCES, IL Dept. of Education
Review Cissna Park Elementary School. Reviews should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
Physical Education Reform in Public Schools
Learn how public schools are evolving to combat rising levels of obesity in public school students.
Transition Programs from Middle School to High School
Learn how transition programs can ease the difficult student transition between middle school and high school.
International Baccalaureate (IB) Programs at Public Schools
The International Baccalaureate (IB) program offers an alternative to the Advanced Placement curricula at the high school. More here.