Cleveland High School
Cleveland High School serves 1,689 students in grades 9-12.
Cleveland High School placed in the top 30% of all schools in North Carolina for overall test scores (math proficiency is top 20%, and reading proficiency is top 50%) for the 2018-19 school year.
The percentage of students achieving proficiency in math is 60% (which is higher than the North Carolina state average of 42%) for the 2018-19 school year. The percentage of students achieving proficiency in reading/language arts is 51% (which is higher than the North Carolina state average of 46%) for the 2018-19 school year.
The student:teacher ratio of 19:1 is higher than the North Carolina state level of 15:1.
Minority enrollment is 36% of the student body (majority Black), which is lower than the North Carolina state average of 52% (majority Black).
Cleveland High School's student population of 1,689 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
The teacher population of 90 teachers has grown by 5% over five school years.
(offers virtual instruction)
(offers virtual instruction)
Total Classroom Teachers
Students by Grade
Cleveland High School is ranked within the top 30% of all 2,571 schools in North Carolina (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2018-19 school year.
The diversity score of Cleveland High School is 0.55, which is less than the diversity score at state average of 0.68. The school's diversity has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data
State Level (NC)
Overall Testing Rank
#600 out of 2571 schools
Math Test Scores (% Proficient)
Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)
Student : Teacher Ratio
Two or more races
All Ethnic Groups
National School Lunch Program
Eligible for Free Lunch
Eligible for Reduced Lunch
School Statewide Testing
School District Name
Source: 2017-2018 (latest school year available) NCES, NC Dept. of Education
Review Cleveland High School. Reviews should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
Life Beyond High School: The Innovative Frontier
Exploring post graduation options for high school students.
Back to School: Getting Up to Date with Required Vaccinations
Stay up to date on the current requirements for vaccinations for school-age children today, as well as some of the problems schools face when parents do not properly immunize their kids.
Utah on its Way to Banning Sex-Ed in Schools
The new bill, which has already passed state lawmakers, would ban public schools from teaching about contraception or sexually transmitted diseases. If it is signed into law by the governor, it will be the most conservative law in the country regarding sex education in schools.