Coachella Valley High School
Coachella Valley High School places among the top 20% of public schools in California for:
- Category Attribute
- Community Size Largest student body (number of students) (Top 5%)
- Coachella Valley High School's student population of 2,655 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 105 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Total Students||2,655 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||105 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Coachella Valley High School's student:teacher ratio of 25:1 has decreased from 26:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (CA)|
|Overall School Rank||#6876 out of 9,595 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||25:1||23:1|
|Two or more races||n/a|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Coachella Valley Unified School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Thermal Westside Elementary School Grades: K-6 | 539 students
82-225 Airport Blvd.
Thermal, CA 92274
(760)399-5171 1.6 K-6 539
- Santa Ana Nova Academy - Coachella Grades: 9-12 | 218 students
52-780 Frederick St.
Santa Ana, CA 92701
(714)569-0948 1.7 9-12 218
- Coachella Valley View Elementary School Grades: K-6 | 721 students
85-270 Valley Rd.
Coachella, CA 92236
(760)398-4651 2.2 K-6 721
- Coachella Cahuilla Desert Academy Junior High School Grades: 7-8 | 968 students
82-489 Ave. 52
Coachella, CA 92236
(760)398-0097 2.3 7-8 968
The quality of the education isn't so great, other schools in the valley provide better education. Many teachers do not teach what they have to and just watch videos in class. Although there are also good teachers. The counselors only pay attention to the top of the class students.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - examp
Learn about the pros and cons surrounding year-round schools through studies arguing that students perform better in school without a summer break.
Your child’s education is not just his teacher’s responsibility. As a parent, you have the ability to supplement your child’s education at home and to help him succeed in school. Read on to learn some tips to help your child make the most of his education in 2020.
Childhood experiences shape who we become as adults, for good and bad. The new Surgeon General of California is pushing for childhood trauma screening in students in the hopes of resolving some of the issues that might later lead to the development of physical and mental health problems.