Cohasset Street Elementary School
Cohasset Street Elementary School places among the top 20% of public schools in California for:
- Category Attribute
- Percent Eligible For Free Lunch Largest percent of students eligible for free lunch (Top 20%)
- Cohasset Street Elementary School's student population of 545 students has declined by 6% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 24 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-5|
|Total Students||545 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||24 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Cohasset Street Elementary School is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 9,602 schools in California (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017-18 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 23:1 has stayed the same over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (CA)|
|Overall School Rank||#5932 out of 9602 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||23:1||23:1|
|Two or more races||n/a|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Los Angeles Unified School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Van Nuys Bassett Street Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 804 students
15756 Bassett St.
Van Nuys, CA 91406
(818)782-1340 0.9 K-5 804
- Van Nuys Valerio Street Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 897 students
15035 Valerio St.
Van Nuys, CA 91405
(818)785-8683 1.0 K-5 897
- Van Nuys Robert Fulton College Preparatory Grades: 6-12 | 1,566 student
7477 Kester Ave.
Van Nuys, CA 91405
(818)947-2100 1.1 6-12 1,566
- Pacoima Girls Athletic Leadership School Los Angeles Grades: 6-8 | 196 students
8755 Woodman Ave.
Pacoima, CA 91331
(818)389-1184 1.3 6-8 196
- North Hills Noble Avenue Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 894 students
8329 Noble Ave.
North Hills, CA 91343
(818)892-1151 1.3 K-5 894
I GRADUATED FROM COHASSET IN 1959-60 AND I HAVE ALWAYS HAD WONDERFUL MEMORY'S OF THE TEACHERS & THE YEARS I SPENT THERE.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - PURPL
What is the best way to evaluate the quality of a public high school? Learn about the data available that helps parents choose a high school based upon how well their graduates perform in college.
In this article, we’ll take a closer look at the financial impact of COVID-19 on public schools and what to expect in the future. We’ll talk about the effects of budget cuts and other challenges affecting the public school system for the remainder of this school year and into the next.
As the nation works to recover from COVID-19, parents wonder what the fall of 2020 holds in terms of the upcoming school year. Read on to learn some tips for preparing for potential challenges and to see the answers to some of the biggest questions being asked by parents of school-age children.