Colerain Elementary School
- Colerain Elementary School's student population of 211 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 21 teachers has grown by 16% over five school years.
|School Type||Special education school|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-5|
|Total Students||211 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||21 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Colerain Elementary School is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 3,247 schools in Ohio (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2016-17 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 10:1 has decreased from 11:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (OH)|
|Overall School Rank (16-17)||#1699 out of 3247 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||55-59%|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||65-69%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||10:1||18:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch||n/a|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch||n/a|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Columbus City School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Columbus Ohio School For The Deaf Grades: 6-8 | 31 students
500 Morse Rd
Columbus, OH 43214
(614)728-1424 0.5 6-8 31
- Columbus Indian Springs Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 396 students
50 E Henderson Rd
Columbus, OH 43214
(614)365-6032 0.7 K-5 396
- Columbus Focus Learning Academy Of Northern Columbus Grades: K-8 | 444 students
1880 E Dublin Granville Rd
Columbus, OH 43229
(614)547-0920 0.9 K-8 444
We report on new legislation in Mississippi that allows students to pray publicly in their schools across the state. Now, schools must develop policies to allow for prayer – but the new law is loaded with controversy.
In this article, we’ll take a closer look at the financial impact of COVID-19 on public schools and what to expect in the future. We’ll talk about the effects of budget cuts and other challenges affecting the public school system for the remainder of this school year and into the next.
As the nation works to recover from COVID-19, parents wonder what the fall of 2020 holds in terms of the upcoming school year. Read on to learn some tips for preparing for potential challenges and to see the answers to some of the biggest questions being asked by parents of school-age children.