Top Colorado Alternative Public Preschools
- For the 2018-19 school year, there is 1 top alternative public preschool in Colorado, serving 303 students.
- Alternative schools aim to help students whose needs may not be successfully met in regular schools.
- Students who attend alternative schools and may be at risk of educational failure (as indicated by poor grades, truancy, disruptive behavior, pregnancy, or similar factors associated with temporary or permanent withdrawal from school).
- Minority enrollment is 70% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is more than the Colorado state average of 46%.
- The student:teacher ratio of 18:1 is more than the state average of 17:1.
Top Colorado Alternative Public Preschools (2018-19)
- School Location Grades Students
- Grand Junction Dual Immersion Academy School 552 A West Main Street
Grand Junction, CO 81501
Grades: PK-5 | 303 students
While some schools are debating whether to teach sex ed, Philadelphia schools will be making free condoms available in 22 schools across the district.
The world is in a constant state of change and those who fail to adjust fall behind. Unfortunately, the American public education system has not kept up with the times and is currently facing a number of serious problems. Keep reading to learn about the biggest failures affecting the modern U.S. public education system as well as some of the trends that could spark change.
Summer break is a time to kick back and relax but it is also a great time to do activities that will boost your college applications. Keep reading to see how to boost your application this summer.