School District No. Re-50 Wiggins School District
- For the 2021 school year, there is 1 public high school in School District No. Re-50 Wiggins School District, serving 148 students. Public high school in School District No. Re-50 Wiggins School District have an average math proficiency score of 25% (versus the Colorado public high school average of 37%), and reading proficiency score of 45% (versus the 43% statewide average). This district's average high testing ranking is 6/10, which is in the top 50% of public high schools in Colorado.
- public high school in School District No. Re-50 Wiggins School District have a Graduation Rate of 80%, which is equal to the Colorado average of 80%.
- The school with highest graduation rate is Wiggins High School, with ≥80% graduation rate. Read more about public school graduation rate statistics in Colorado or national school graduation rate statistics.
- Minority enrollment is 32% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is less than the Colorado public high school average of 45% (majority Hispanic).
- The student:teacher ratio of 13:1 is less than the Colorado public high school average of 18:1.
|School District Name||School District No. Re-50 Wiggins School District|
|School District Website||http://www.wiggins50.k12.co.us/|
|School District Phone Number||(970) 483-7762|
|School District Grades Offered||PK - 12|
|2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||This State (CO)|
|# of Schools||1 School||525 Schools|
|# of Students||148 Students||314,427 Students|
|# of Teachers||11 Teachers||17,095 Teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||13:1||18:1|
- School District No. Re-50 Wiggins School District, which is ranked within the top 50% of all 180 school districts in Colorado (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017-2018 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of 80% has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (CO)|
|Overall Testing Rank||#58 out of 183 school districts|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||4 Students||2,309 Students|
|% American Indian Students|
|# of Asian Students||2 Students||10,673 Students|
|% Asian Students|
|# of Hispanic Students||41 Students||102,410 Students|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||n/a||14,278 Students|
|% Black Students||n/a|
|# of White Students||100 Students||172,240 Students|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||n/a||761 Students|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||1 Student||11,756 Students|
|% of Two or more races Students|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||-||384|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||-||3,013|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||-||3,243|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||-||3,236|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||-||3,519|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||-||3,490|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||-||3,532|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||-||6,419|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||-||8,417|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||-||9,137|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||44||69,968|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||30||67,058|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||46||65,078|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||28||67,933|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-||-|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $13,945 is higher than the state median of $13,813. The school district revenue/student has declined by 5% over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $13,421 is higher than the state median of $13,317. The school district spending/student has declined by 5% over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017||This School District||This State (CO)|
|Total Revenue||$8 MM||$8 MM|
|Spending||$8 MM||$8 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$13,945||$13,813|
|Revenue / Student||$13,421||$13,317|
School District No. Re-50 Wiggins School District Public High Schools (2021)
- School (Math and Reading Proficiency) Location Grades Students
- Wiggins High School 320 Chapman Street
Wiggins, CO 80654
Grades: 9-12 | 148 students
A number of school districts either have or are considering homework-free weekend policies, but the idea is not without its share of controversy. We’ll take a look at both sides of the issue.
In light of an upcoming study on Montessori education in South Carolina, as well as the growing popularity of the Montessori Method in public charter schools, we’ll take a look at the principles behind Montessori education and whether it is an effective method for preparing some students for the professional world or higher education.
Across the nation, city mayors have increased their role and control over the local public school system. Learn about the controversies and the ramifications of mayoral control.