- Community School's student population of 162 students has declined by 10% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 17 teachers has grown by 6% over five school years.
|School Type||Alternative school|
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Total Students||162 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||17 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Community School is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 1,194 schools in Oregon (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-16 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 10:1 has decreased from 11:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School||State Level (OR)|
|Overall School Rank||#1074 out of 1,194 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||≤10%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||40-49%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||10:1||20:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch||n/a|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch||n/a|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Beaverton 48j School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Beaverton School Of Science & Technology Grades: 9-12 | 159 students
1841 Sw Merlo Dr
Beaverton, OR 97006
(503)259-5575 0.0 9-12 159
- Beaverton Elmonica Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 606 students
16950 Sw Lisa Ct
Beaverton, OR 97006
(503)356-2080 0.7 K-5 606
- Beaverton International School Of Beaverton Grades: 6-12 | 884 students
17770 Sw Blanton St
Beaverton, OR 97078
(503)259-3800 1.2 6-12 884
- Beaverton Barnes Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 677 students
13730 Sw Walker Rd
Beaverton, OR 97005
(503)356-2130 1.4 K-5 677
Being a teacher has never been easy but changes in federal funding and legislation have made it harder than ever for public school teachers. Keep reading to learn more.
When asked to rank the quality of their child's school, most parents rated it a B average. And yet politicians would have you believe that the American public-school system is failing. How are America's public schools really doing, and how do we know?
The high school graduation rate is in a constant state of change and dropout rates affect more than the individual student. Read on to learn about factors influencing high school graduation rates and what schools can do to improve them.