Connexions: A Community Based Arts School
Connexions: A Community Based Arts School places among the top 20% of public schools in Maryland for:
- Category Attribute
- Percent Eligible For Free Lunch Largest percent of students eligible for free lunch (Top 1%)
- Student Attention Lowest teacher:student ratio (Top 20%)
- Connexions: A Community Based Arts School's student population of 430 students has grown by 20% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 32 teachers has grown by 14% over five school years.
|School Type||Charter School|
|Grades Offered||Grades 6-12|
|Total Students||430 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||32 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Connexions: A Community Based Arts School is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 1,367 schools in Maryland (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-16 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 13:1 has stayed the same over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School||State Level (MD)|
|Overall School Rank|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||13:1||15:1|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch||n/a|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Baltimore City School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Baltimore Coppin Academy Grades: 9-12 | 336 students
2500 W North Ave
Baltimore, MD 21216
(410)951-2602 0.5 9-12 336
- Baltimore Robert W. Coleman Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 357 students
2400 Windsor Ave
Baltimore, MD 21216
(410)396-0764 0.5 PK-5 357
- Baltimore Frederick Douglass High School Grades: 9-12 | 1132 students
2301 Gwynns Falls Pky
Baltimore, MD 21217
(410)396-7821 0.6 9-12 1132
Nearby Homes for Sale
We examine the issue of Internet access in public schools, particularly in light of recent allegations from a father that his daughter was allowed to visit online dating websites from her school during class hours.
Special education teachers face a unique set of challenges, and so do the parents of special needs students. Keep reading to learn some practical tips for making your life as a special needs teacher or parent easier.
Taking the SAT or ACT is a major source of stress for high school students. Keep reading to learn how to choose the right test and how to prepare for it.