Cordova Elementary School
- Cordova Elementary School's student population of 379 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 23 teachers has declined by 14% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-4|
|Total Students||379 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||23 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Cordova Elementary School's student:teacher ratio of 16:1 has increased from 14:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (AL)|
|Overall School Rank||#290 out of 1,264 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||70-74%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||50-54%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||16:1||18:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Walker County School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Cordova Bankhead Middle School Grades: 5-8 | 329 students
110 School Rd
Cordova, AL 35550
(205)483-7245 0.3 5-8 329
- Cordova Cordova High School Grades: 9-12 | 507 students
183 School Road
Cordova, AL 35550
(205)483-7404 0.3 9-12 507
- Jasper Walker Co Alternative School Grades: K-12
1100 Viking Drive
Jasper, AL 35501
(205)483-7410 3.4 K-12 n/a
- Parrish Parrish Elementary School Grades: PK-6 | 195 students
95 Engel St
Parrish, AL 35580
(205)686-5061 6.1 PK-6 195
Your child’s education is not just his teacher’s responsibility. As a parent, you have the ability to supplement your child’s education at home and to help him succeed in school. Read on to learn some tips to help your child make the most of his education in 2020.
Childhood experiences shape who we become as adults, for good and bad. The new Surgeon General of California is pushing for childhood trauma screening in students in the hopes of resolving some of the issues that might later lead to the development of physical and mental health problems.
Millions of people struggle with mental health issues on a daily basis, but no one wants to think that these issues might affect children. As a parent, it is your responsibility to know what your child needs and to provide it. This includes identifying problem behaviors and seeking treatment when your child needs help.