Bankhead Middle School
- Bankhead Middle School's student population of 312 students has declined by 12% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 14 teachers has declined by 6% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades 5-8|
|Total Students||312 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||14 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Bankhead Middle School is ranked within the top 50% of all 1,263 schools in Alabama (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2016-17 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 22:1 has decreased from 24:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (AL)|
|Overall School Rank (16-17)||#388 out of 1263 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||22:1||18:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Walker County School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Cordova Cordova High School Grades: 9-12 | 449 students
183 School Road
Cordova, AL 35550
(205)483-7404 0.1 9-12 449
- Cordova Cordova Elementary School Grades: PK-4 | 392 students
35 North St
Cordova, AL 35550
(205)483-7666 0.3 PK-4 392
- Jasper Walker County Schools 180 Program Grades: K-12
1601 Highland Avenue
Jasper, AL 35501
(205)387-9984 3.4 K-12 n/a
- Parrish Parrish Elementary School Grades: PK-6 | 217 students
95 Engle St
Parrish, AL 35580
(205)686-5061 5.8 PK-6 217
Being a teacher has never been easy but changes in federal funding and legislation have made it harder than ever for public school teachers. Keep reading to learn more.
Say goodbye to mystery meat - and all other types of meat - at public school cafeterias that are embracing the Meatless Monday trend.
Growing cases of contaminated tap water at public schools around the country are raising more than eyebrows. Learn about whether or not public schools' tap water is safe to drink.