Bankhead Middle School
- The student population of 355 students has grown by 16% over five years.
- The teacher population of 15 teachers has declined by 11% over five years.
|Grades Offered||Grades 5-8|
|Total Students||355 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||15 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- The student:teacher ratio of 24:1 has increased from 18:1 over five years.
- The school's diversity score of 0.13 is less than the state average of 0.32. The school's diversity has stayed relatively flat over five years.
- Walker County School District's student population of 7,300 students has decreased by 10% over five years.
- The revenue/student of $9,630 in this district is less than the state average of $9,721. The district revenue/student has declined by 13% over four years.
- The district's spending/student of $10,179 is less than the state average of $10,229. The district spending/student has stayed relatively flat over four years.
|School District Name||Walker County School District|
|Number of Schools
|Number of Students Managed||7,300||2,879|
|District Total Revenue||$78 MM||$28 MM|
|District Spending||$82 MM||$29 MM|
|District Revenue / Student||$9,630||$9,721|
|District Spending / Student||$10,179||$10,229|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
CordovaCordova High SchoolGrades: 9-12 | 536 students
P.o. Box 336
Cordova, AL 35550
CordovaCordova Elementary SchoolGrades: PK-4 | 395 students
35 North St
Cordova, AL 35550
JasperWalker Co Alternative SchoolGrades: KG-12
6670 Old Birmingham Hwy
Jasper, AL 35501
JasperValley Junior High SchoolGrades: KG-8 | 671 students
155 Valley School Rd
Jasper, AL 35504
ParrishParrish Elementary SchoolGrades: PK-6 | 217 students
Parrish, AL 35580