Cordova High School
- Cordova High School's student population of 507 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 27 teachers has grown by 8% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Total Students||507 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||27 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Cordova High School's student:teacher ratio of 19:1 has decreased from 20:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (AL)|
|Overall School Rank||#975 out of 1,264 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||10-14%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||35-39%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||19:1||18:1|
|Two or more races||n/a|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Walker County School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Cordova Bankhead Middle School Grades: 5-8 | 329 students
110 School Rd
Cordova, AL 35550
(205)483-7245 0.1 5-8 329
- Cordova Cordova Elementary School Grades: PK-4 | 379 students
35 North St
Cordova, AL 35550
(205)483-7666 0.3 PK-4 379
- Jasper Walker Co Alternative School Grades: K-12
1100 Viking Drive
Jasper, AL 35501
(205)483-7410 3.4 K-12 n/a
- Parrish Parrish Elementary School Grades: PK-6 | 195 students
95 Engel St
Parrish, AL 35580
(205)686-5061 5.8 PK-6 195
As the school year kicks into full swing, we examine the many fees and other hidden costs lurking in a “free” public education today.
Being a parent is never easy, but some children are more challenging than others. If you're concerned that your child's behavioral issues might be more than just temporary, consider whether an alternative school might be the next move.
All students deserve to have an equal chance at academic success but not every student learns in the same way. Alternative schools provide students with unique challenges or abilities an opportunity to succeed in a different educational setting. Keep reading to learn more about alternative schools and their impact on college admissions.