Cotton Creek School
- Cotton Creek School's student population of 600 students has declined by 11% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 40 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-5|
|Total Students||600 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||40 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Cotton Creek School is ranked within the top 50% of all 3,672 schools in Illinois (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017-18 school year.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (IL)|
|Overall Testing Rank||#1342 out of 3672 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||15:1||15:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Wauconda CUSD 118 School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Island Lake Matthews Middle School Grades: 6-8 | 476 students
Po Box 920
Island Lake, IL 60042
(847) 526-6210 1.5 6-8 476
- Crystal Lake Prairie Grove Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 425 students
3223 Il Route 176
Crystal Lake, IL 60014
(815) 459-3023 2.9 PK-5 425
- Crystal Lake Prairie Grove Junior High School Grades: 6-8 | 258 students
3225 Il Route 176
Crystal Lake, IL 60014
(815) 459-3557 2.9 6-8 258
- Wauconda Wauconda Cusd 118 Alop Grades: Inquire with school
555 N Main St
Wauconda, IL 60084
(847) 526-7950 3.3 Inquire with school n/a
- Cary Cary Junior High School Grades: 6-8 | 899 students
2109 Crystal Lake Rd
Cary, IL 60013
(224) 357-5150 3.4 6-8 899
In light of an upcoming study on Montessori education in South Carolina, as well as the growing popularity of the Montessori Method in public charter schools, we’ll take a look at the principles behind Montessori education and whether it is an effective method for preparing some students for the professional world or higher education.
Across the nation, city mayors have increased their role and control over the local public school system. Learn about the controversies and the ramifications of mayoral control.
In light of all the finger-pointing occurring in the education reform movement, we’ll look at the good and bad of teachers unions – and whether these organizations really work in favor of students and/or teachers.