Council High School
Council High School places among the top 20% of public schools in Virginia for:
- Category Attribute
- Percent Eligible For Free Lunch Largest percent of students eligible for free lunch (Top 20%)
- Community Size Largest student body (number of students) (Top 5%)
- Student Attention Lowest teacher:student ratio (Top 10%)
- Council High School's student population of 136 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 11 teachers has declined by 26% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades 8-12|
|Total Students||136 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||11 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Council High School is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 1,791 schools in Virginia (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017-18 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 12:1 has increased from 9:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (VA)|
|Overall School Rank||#1423 out of 1791 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient) (16-17)||65-69%|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||70-74%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1||15:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Buchanan County School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Honaker Council Elementary Middle School Grades: PK-7 | 199 students
7608 Helen Henderson Hwy
Honaker, VA 24260
(276) 859-9329 6.9 PK-7 199
- Honaker Honaker Elementary School Grades: PK-7 | 652 students
50 Honaker Elementary Dr.
Honaker, VA 24260
(276) 873-6301 8.7 PK-7 652
- Swords Creek Swords Creek Elementary School Grades: PK-7 | 142 students
3867 Swords Creek Rd.
Swords Creek, VA 24649
(276) 991-0016 9.6 PK-7 142
- Oakwood Twin Valley Elementary Middle School Grades: PK-7 | 356 students
9017 Riverside Drive
Oakwood, VA 24631
(276) 498-4537 10.3 PK-7 356